3rd Trimester

38 weeks and baby is still high, cervix closed, says my dr.

UGH! Is this a bad sign that he'll be late--should things be moving along a bit by now, at least he should have dropped right? And can your cervix begin to open at any moment?

*is hot*

Re: 38 weeks and baby is still high, cervix closed, says my dr.

• I was told pretty much the same thing yesterday. My ob said theres a FIVE percent chance labor will happen in the next week, unless my water breaks. Awesome, awesome news.
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • babies come when they want to!! baby can choose to check out next week & baby will make it his business to make his/ her Birthday plans!!

I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A week can be all the difference. Try not to get too discouraged. Neither of my little ones dropped until I was in labor. I just had my "almost" 37 week appointment and I'm shut tight and still high too. Maybe things will change for you this week!
  • I've been "Fort Knox" for all three of my internals including the one I had on Wednesday but this morning woke up to notice that I'm starting to lose my MP.
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • None of that means anything. I was told the same thing at my 38 week appointment, and I had my baby boy before I was 39 weeks. Yes your cervix can start to open at any time. I was having contractions all day long at work and went to the hospital that night and was only 1 cm dilated. Had my baby 6 hours later. You don't have to have any progress in order to go into labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told the same thing at my 39 week appointment. Don't worry--it can happen anytime.
  • Same thing for me at my 39 week appointment. -3 station, no dilation, not effaced.

My baby book says all three of those can happen weeks or hours before labor begins.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • No! it doesn't necessarily mean you'll be late. i am 39 weeks and went from 1 cm dilated to almost 3 this week. 50% effaced. NOTHING has happened for me yet....so.....it's almost like i'm closed up tight myself.

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • With all my pregnancies but this one my cervix has been closed and the baby high until I go into labor.  This pregnancy is the first time I have come close to my due date and I have been at 2 cm for 3 weeks now.  
  • I am currently 5 days overdue -- baby is still high and my cervix has been 0cm/0% effaced since week 37. Hoping for progress SOON!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"