3rd Trimester
Options

desitin vs. a&d?

can someone tell me the difference, or your experiences in using either product?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: desitin vs. a&d?

• Options

i liked a&d more for dd, but every baby's bottom is different! we had several brands on hand, and for her, this one worked best. 

• Options
    My friends and family swear by Boudreaux's Butt Paste, I kid you not!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've used both.  I like A&D, but Desitin typically gives me faster results, especially the overnight cream.  I still plan to use both on DS depending on how bad the rash is.  I actually bought the immediate relief Desitin for DD when her rash got really bad once; it also worked wonders.  HTH!
  • Options

DS screams when I use desitin but doesn't even notice A&D being applied. He had some redness after a poopy diaper last night, I put on A&D and this morning the redness was completely gone.

I also recommend putting a&d on after every change in the hospital so the merconium will wipe off easily!

• Options
    DH's family swear by Desitin... there are 16 kids on his side of the fam... so that's a lot of experience. I personally don't know so I am going with Desitin because of their experience...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used a&d with DS and I will with LO too, It works very well and I think desitin is hard to scrape off an already sore bottom. I use it after the bath which is usually right before bed, and of course when he gets sore.
  • Options
    See if you pedi has any samples.  DS rarely needed it, but Desitin worked the best. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Desitin was definitely more effective with DD, but A&D was 'easier' to use.  It didn't make my hands smell and washed off easily.  Unfortunately, this meant it also rubs off of baby easily so I only used A&D for mild stuff and stuck with Desitin when she really needed it.  At one point she was on antibiotics and got a very bad diaper rash where Desitin wouldn't even help.  At that point the pediatrician had us go out and buy Triple Paste.  This is the best one out there but it costs a fortune (our little tub, about the size of a small margarine tub, was $31 at CVS).
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"