Ohio Babies

hourly rate for "nannies" or daycare

edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

Would anyone mind telling me your hourly or daily or weekly rate for your daycare or "babysitter".

DH and I are trying to figure out what to pay our gal - if we should raise her pay.  We are currently thinking we are going to need her more than just 8 hours a day.   She currently watches our toddler and has 2 other kids she watches.  (plus her own).  She is wonderful and always accomodates us and we don't want to be cheap, but we don't really have money to throw at her either.

What do you think is the going rate? TIA so much!!

Re: hourly rate for "nannies" or daycare

• DD attends a goddard school and its 1092.00 per month

• i just interviewed a babysitter yesterday...she only wants $20.00 a day...she has 1 other child
  • Loading the player...
  • We had an in home sitter (we took DD to her home. She watched DD, her own DD and 1 other) and it was $150/week.  We are looking at an in home for #2 and it's going to be closer to $190/week.

DD is in a pre-preschool program now and it's $230/week. They provide all food and diapers.

• TwiMomTwiMom member

One of my friends uses an in-home sitter and she pays her $150/wk.  Another one of my friends used to take her son to an in-home sitter that had another child of her own and she paid $700/mo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I work at a preschool/daycare.  An infant is around 200/week.  The older the child gets, the cheaper!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"