Multiples
Options

Once you get a BPP...

do you have one weekly after that or is it random?

Can someone tell me what all it entails?  I was suppose to get one last week but, all she did was a short u/s and said that both babies were practicing sucking and breathing.  Is this all it is?

Thanks for humoring a dumb question for me....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Once you get a BPP...

• Options

If I remember correctly I only got one of them if one of the babies failed their NST.  (I had NST twice a week starting at 32 weeks)

Th BPP was a quick u/s-like test where they looked at breathing, fluid, movement, and one other thing that I forget. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If I remember right, I started getting BPPs once a week (without the NST part; I never had one of those) and and growth scans every other week.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't even know what BPP stands for....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagenicolelynn00:
    I don't even know what BPP stands for....

Bio Physical Profile....

• Options
    I am not sure how often I will get one.  I know starting next week (32 weeks) I have to go for a NST twice a week and it will also include AFI each time.
  • Options

I had one every week starting at 32 weeks.  It has two parts -- an ultrasound and a non-stress test -- to measure five different things.  The ultrasound is used to look at muscle tone, breathing, movement, and amniotic fluid.  The fifth area, increase in heart rate in response to movement, is measured using a non-stress test. 

Every few weeks, I had a growth scan done as well, which was basically just adding measurements to the ultrasound to make sure the babies were measuring on track.

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

Starting at 31 weeks I will have them weekly and then growth scan every 2 weeks.

PP already mentioned what they are looking at...same thing with my mfm, breathing, actions, lungs, energy levels, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"