Multiples
Options

RP from Local - Any expert u/s readers in the house tonight?

We had our first u/s at 5w4d and they told us there's just 1 baby but for the life of me I swear there's two. I know the probe is focused on the "one" but I saw this the minute she inserted said probe (so lovely!) and didn't say anything other than, "Are you sure there's only one?" to which she said, "yes". The entire u/s was maybe 30 seconds. Didn't look for h/b (too early) or anything - just a quick innie and outtie.

Well low and behold, yesterday at our 4th festivities I overhear DH saying, "They say there's one but I swear I saw two. I don't want to say anything to Kelley because I don't want to freak her out."

We get home, I ask him where he sees it, he shows me (detailing yolk sac from gestational sac....ahhh I love a man full of research!) and WHAMMO that's exactly what I saw.

Now, don't get me wrong, 1 is what we hoped for. I won't be sad or happy either way and I have another u/s on Thurs so I guess it'll be clarified then but I thought I'd ask your input. I did tiny pics so you could see a big photo instead of hijacking the whole format on here.

Thoughts?

Pic 1 (original u/s photo). Pic 2 (with my outlining).

https://i49.tinypic.com/2res7r8.jpg

https://i49.tinypic.com/116qc1u.jpg 

Re: RP from Local - Any expert u/s readers in the house tonight?

• Options

Oooh, that's tricky! I have never seen an u/s that early, so I'm not sure what to look for, but I see what you mean.

Make sure you keep us posted!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Looks like 1 to me.  GL, let us know what happens at your next u/s.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, a 1 star for asking a question?! Sorry to have bothered all of you. I guess I know where NOT to come for support, advice or questions.
  • Options
    I think if it were two, your Dr would have seen it and told you. We had our first u/s at 5w5d (u/s photo here) and our Dr was able to tell us there might be two, even though the second was too small for us to identify with our untrained eyes. Given that the second spot is so big and obvious on your pic, I would think it would not have been missed by your Dr. Congrats on being pregnant!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

imagesommerrayne:
    Wow, a 1 star for asking a question?! Sorry to have bothered all of you. I guess I know where NOT to come for support, advice or questions.

???

not sure why/how that happens, but don't judge us all by presumably one person who doesn't like a post. coulda been a lurker, who knows?

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:

imagesommerrayne:

???

not sure why/how that happens, but don't judge us all by presumably one person who doesn't like a post. coulda been a lurker, who knows?

This. I think it was the infamous "one-star bandit." Don't take it personally. I don't know anything about early u/s so I can't answer your question, but like Pam said earlier, keep us posted!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

It's really hard to tell.  Your bladder wasn't full, so I can't tell where that is.  That would have been helpful.  I can see a decidual layer around what they are calling the pregnancy.  I cannot see that around what you think might be another gestational sac.  I'd need more pictures.  Do you have any others?? 

People usually don't one star on this board, so I have to agree it was some random lurker.  I just gave you 5 stars because the OSB shouldn't get your goat.  Best of luck and keep us posted!

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options

imagesommerrayne:

Whoa, calm down.  I would think as a silver poster you would know better than to pay attention to the star ratings.  I don't even look, they mean nothing!

Best wishes for your pregnancy.  Please come back and let us know if there are two! 

TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • Options
    imagepea-kay:

imagesommerrayne:

???

It shows you what I know.  I had no clue you could star posts. 

Here is a link to my 6wk u/s  https://journeyforbabyreilly.blogspot.com/2009/04/picture-of-b-and-c.html  There is no way if I looked at my own that I would have been able to tell that there were 3, but they u/s tech picked them out right away.  I could see where you could possibly see 2.  Let us know how it goes.  Congrats on your BFP regardless if it is one or two.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had an u/s at 5w2d and we clearly saw ONE sac and ONE baby.  So, you never know what could happen.  I can't divine much from that u/s picture, though.

Keep us posted!

• Options
    I would think that if it was that obvious the u/s tech would have saw the 2nd baby.  But crazier things have happened before.  I know when I went to my first u/s w/ the girls (mind you I was alone and had an 18 month old at home) when she told me there were two I was convinced she was seeing things and it was just a shadow (mine were right on top of each other though and in the same sac - they thought they were mono mono for several weeks until later on when we found a membrane).  My point is, they usually know what they are looking for and we don't. 
  • Options
    At my five week sono, I had only one sac with a baby, and one something. The doctor told us immediately that there was something else but it didn't appear to be a baby. She told us there was a 5% chance the second something held a baby. When we went back the following week, there was clearly two babies and two heartbeats.
  • Options

I can see what you are talking about, but that's a tough call... 

Is there anything else leading you to believe it might be twins?  Exaggerated symptoms or family history?

I had a feeling I was having twins before I even saw my OB.  I never had any pg symptoms with my first son, but with the twin pregnancy, I had every symptom in the book.  Times 2 - literally!!  I was sooo sick so early on, and I just had this nagging feeling.  I didn't have my first U/S until 11 weeks, and by then there were 2 VERY obvious babies lol

Good luck either way!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"