Multiples
Options

What did you do your last week?

This will start my 4th week of being off - I didn't think I would make it to 38wks 2 days, but at this point I don't see them coming sooner.  Everything is ready, I even froze meals, I've hung out with friends and family and am going to the movies tomorrow...but other than that I don't know what to do to keep myself busy for the rest of the week! 

People say enjoy the time to yourself, relax, etc, but I am a very active person and I'm starting to go crazy and at this point the all the down time is getting to me.  Is there anything you did that was helpful that maybe I'm not thinking of or made the time past quickly? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: What did you do your last week?

• Options

I did the same things you did in your last week. To the extent I could - I did laundry, light housecleaning, made DH some special meals since I figured it'd be a while before he ate something "homemade" again, and read some of the post-pregnancy books about getting your babies to sleep like Healthy Sleep Habits, Happiest Baby on the Block, and the Ferber crap. Of course, I remembered NONE of it when I needed it. 

I organized a lot of paperwork/files that had accumulated over time, I did stupid things to keep me busy. Like made a spreadsheet of all our bills and finances, passwords and usernames, and updated my address book. I took care of getting my car an oil change. I got a pedicure. I took really LOOOOONG showers, straightened my hair which takes forever and a day. I made some photo albums from pictures that had just collected in a shoebox. I downloaded some songs on iTunes to make some CDs that I had intended to buy. I organized my closet and brought a TON of stuff to charity. 

If I think of others I'll repost. It really was mindless stuff, though.  Hope you are able to "enjoy" this last week. 

• Options
    wax, get hair done, mani, pedi, ect...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Get hair done, mani, pedi, charge camera battery, start the babies' memory books, create listserves on my email so that I'm ready to send out an email birth announcement and photos to friends/colleagues from the hospital, make mailing labels on my computer for the paper birth announcements that will get sent out in a few weeks, meet with lawyer to draw up new will (not to be morbid - just wanted to change inheritance to the babies), change insurance policies to reflect new beneficiaries, pay any recurring bills ahead of time to cut down on chores that will need to be done once the kids get here, have car seat safety check appointment at the hospital or fire department, go swimming (probably for the last time this season!)...... 
    TTC Since 2007 M/C survivor twice in 2008 IVF twice at CCRM in 2009 TWIN BOYS born in July 2010 IVF again in 2011 BABY GIRL due August 2012
  • Options
    I did pretty much what you've done - cooked, cleaned, etc. By that point I couldn't move very easily so my activity level had dropped, which meant I was nearly going crazy lol! I think I mostly just read a lot...figured I might as well enjoy being able to sit uninterrupted with a book since that wouldn't be happening for a while after the boys were born lol!
  • Options
    There's not oo much I really can do; everything takes so muvh energy...I'm mostly focused on taking care of my son and making arrangements for him while I'm in the hospital...other than that, I am just trying to stay on top of my daily household cleaning...watching movies...surfing the net...and trying to wrap my mind around the fact 2 newborns will be here by Friday!
  • Options
    I was too uncomfortable to do anything so I sat in a chair and was miserable.  Sounds like you are in great shape so I would enjoy the down time. Maybe watch movies, read books, I wish I had more time to do that stuff now. Good luck, you're in the home stretch!
  • Options

Thanks! I already started the baby books, did labels (for announcements and xmas cards too), got my hair done and had a pedi, I have watched a lot of movies and just finished another book this morning!  I think I'll get another pedi this week and stop at Barnes and Noble today!

For the first time ever I wish that I was a procrastinator!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    i also did a lot of "practicing" - practice putting the car seats in and out of the car, the stroller, folding and unfolding the stroller, make sure everything had batteries and was unwrapped/ready to go (if I was sure I was going to use it). It's a PITA to try opening a box of wipes at 2 a.m. as your kid decides to take a piss on you. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"