3rd Trimester

I would know if I was leaking amniotic fluid, right?

So for the past several days I've been leaking.  Like a lot.  Actually, I was leaking last week too but not nearly like it's been the last few days- I guess since Tuesday.  I had my 37 week appt on Wednesday and forgot to mention it to my OB.  She did an internal (standard check) and told me I was at 3 cm.  I had some bleeding afterwards and very little spotting early Thursday.  Chalked it up to the internal.  No biggie.  Well, I'm still leaking.  It's clear.  It doesn't really smell, per se. 

Sometimes in the middle of the night when I roll over to get out of bed to pee, I'll feel a little gush but nothing crazy.  I'm having to wear a pantyliner and change it about three times a day. 

So I would know if it was my water leaking, right?  It's probably just normal third trimester leaking, right?  I don't have another OB appt until Tuesday.  Should I just wait it out?  Should I call the dr's office?    I don't know what to do.  I'm not normally a worry wart but obviously I don't want to take any chances with the bebeh.  I was induced with DD1 and the OB broke my water.  So I have no experience with my water breaking on its own.   

I'm still feeling lots of movement from her and still having cramps/contractions but nothing timeable or unbearable.

WDYT?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I would know if I was leaking amniotic fluid, right?

• With my last pregnancy, my water broke, but it was more like a slow leak that was exactly how you describe your "leak"...  I would let your OB know, so they can check if it is amniotic fluid or not.
  • I definitely have been able to feel the fluid coming out of me more in the last few weeks - almost like when I have my period and not wearing a tampon.  I don't know if I'd describe it as a 'gush' just a little something coming out.  I would call your OB and describe it.  Couldn't hurt to check it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • JJ1973JJ1973 member
    Definitely call your OB - they would want you to call re: this. They'll make you go in to get it checked out and to check your fluids. It isn't something you want to play around with (I have a friend who was induced at 35 weeks due to an amniotic leak - she had no idea that she was leaking until she casually mentioned it with her OB at a visit). It may not be a leak at all, but it could be and if so, it is risky to let it go unnoticed.
  • imagemonkeyqueen:
    With my last pregnancy, my water broke, but it was more like a slow leak that was exactly how you describe your "leak"...  I would let your OB know, so they can check if it is amniotic fluid or not.

Yup, this is how my water broke with DD too. I drove myself crazy for a day wondering if I was leaking or just lost some bladder control. Sure enough, my water had broken. (and I had no contractions). 

• I would call your OB and get checked out! Either way you don't want to have your water break or be leaking amniotic fluid and just let it be.

Good luck! Let us know!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you are unsure tell the OB or go to L&D so they can check your discharge and/or do an u/s to check your fluid level.  Likely just discharge, but sometimes there is no "gush"
  • My OB said one way to tell is if you can feel a small gush when you sneeze or cough, it's more likely to be your water.  If not, then it's more likely to just be discharge due to hormones.  But I'd still call and ask. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"