Military Families

Dumb Tricare Question

I have Tricare standard, I know my ID is what I use for Dr. visits and such.  Is this what I give the pharmacy when I fill a prescription?  I assume I'll have some after I give birth and I want to make sure I have what I need! 

Also, would I be able to give my card to my mom and have her get the prescription for me or am I going to have to drag my butt over there? 

Re: Dumb Tricare Question

• Are you talking about the pharmacy on base/post? Then YOU need your ID.

If you've been to the pharmacy before and they know you're on Tricare (off base/post) then you can just pick it up without an ID. The only time you need to show your ID at a pharmacy such as Target is when you first go there and they get your insurance information and such. 

HTH 

30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I'm talking about off base.  Ok thanks for the info.  I was worried that maybe there was another card I was supposed to have or something.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to get my Rx's off base at Rite Aid, and it only cost me $3 a Rx- which I choked at when I found out my Rx was actually more like $56 a pop! You need your dependant/active ID to register, but after that it's all gravy.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Ditto all the pp's. I go to Walgreens if the base pharmacy is closed, the line is too long, or they don't carry the prescription. Just get yourself established there and your mom should be able to get your medication for you.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If your mom has to pick up Rx's for you be sure she has your dependent ID and a note in your own handwriting authorizing her (by name) to pick up the medications. Be sure to sign the note, so they can compare the signature to your ID.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"