Multiples
Options

2nd steroid inj & ? about labs

Had my 2nd steroid injection today, slept normal last night.  Thanks for the reassurance ladies.

Also had labs drawn for elevated BP- AST and uric acid were slightly elevated.  Could this be a precusor to pre-e?  RN said it could be different everyday, so another lab draw next week.

Also, a funny note- my Peri came in during my NST and asked "so do you want to go into the hospital early".  I politely declined and said I would wait til our original plan of 25 weeks- so my new home July 16th will be the hosptial. 

Re: 2nd steroid inj & ? about labs

• Options
    I think about you a lot. I'm glad things are going okay for now. I hope those babies can keep baking and growing for a few more months!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

Elevated uric acid is usually more indicative of chronic hypertension.  I honestly don't know why we ever draw it....it's never changed my management...but that's just an aside.

Have you had an elevated AST before?  Do you have a baseline for the labs during pregnancy?  Typically for pre-E the LFTS are at least double normal. 

Glad you are able to stay home until at least 25 weeks!!!   

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

E&R- I knew you would have an answer for me. 

I have never had hypertension pre-pregnancy, so the uric acid is a bit of a mystery.  I did have baseline labs drawn last week and everything looked good, within normal range.  So when my RN said elevated AST (50) that would have been over my baseline.  Peri didn't seem concerned and I continue to simply monitor BP twice a day at home and stick with the plan of being drawn again next week.  Thoughts? 

• Options

Sounds like your peri is on it!!  :)  You and I are in the same BP boat my dear.  What a pain, right??

Heck my LFTs have been elevated during this pregnancy with zero history of it.  So strange.  They went back down to normal and now they're both on the high end of normal.  I give up.  I thinks it's from my vomiting.

Keep us posted.  Take it easy this weekend.  No roller derby or marathons you hear!!   

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Options
    imageE&RMommy:

Sounds like your peri is on it!!  :)  You and I are in the same BP boat my dear.  What a pain, right??

Heck my LFTs have been elevated during this pregnancy with zero history of it.  So strange.  They went back down to normal and now they're both on the high end of normal.  I give up.  I thinks it's from my vomiting.

Keep us posted.  Take it easy this weekend.  No roller derby or marathons you hear!!   

Yes total pain, but its all worth it.

I wish I had activities that I could do.  When my RN told me to take it easy and lay low this weekend, I was wondering how much more laying low I could do since I'm on full bed rest.  Yikes.  You too, have a good weekend.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"