Multiples
Options

Triplet MoMs - growth question

I had my 14week appt. on Tuesday, and my peri mentioned to me that I should really "go ahead and get everything that I want done - done - at home and at work within the next 2-4 weeks" because  after that, all bets were off as far as bed rest, etc.  And, he said that my comfort level was going to decrease significantly and I wouldn't feel like doing much of anything.   (FWIW, my ute was measuring around 5 1/2 mos. he said...eek)

I am now officially freaked out.  I'm still working FT (desk job - thank goodness!) and I have 2 LO's at home (not counting my DH - ha!) that I'm constantly chasing after.  I knew bedrest was an almost definite with triplets, but I guess I didn't expect to be so 'uncomfortable' so early at 16-18 weeks??  DH and I have plans for extra help for the girls lined up later in the preg, but we had planned for the 24-28 week window.  Was that unrealistic?  Based on your experience, should we be making plans to bring in someone earlier?

TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Triplet MoMs - growth question

• Options

You just never know, really. I didn't start feeling bad until 26 weeks or so, but I'm tall and have a long torso. (I was also measuring about 22 weeks at 14 weeks, so I'm with ya.)

But the important thing is how you feel. If you aren't feeling great now, you should plan to relax as much as you can now. The next ten weeks are crucial for you and the babies, it's so important that you rest and let those babies grow.

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I will be 32 wks on tues. and am still moving around.  However, my dr took me out of work very early @ 10 wks so I've been on modified bedrest since then.  I was expecting to be in bad shape by now, but I'm pleasantly surprised...everyone is different.  Make sure to rest when you feel tired, your body knows what its doing!
    Lilcarciofo's Blog Been TTC #1 since July 2007 Unexplained Infertility 11/08 -HSG-all clear! 12/08-2/09 clomid 50 mg/natural cycles=BFN IUI#1 -3/13/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#2 -4/11/09 =BFN (no clomid,rx prob) IUI#3 -5/11/09 clomid 50mg=BFN IUI#4 -6/9/09 clomid 50 mg=BFN IUI #5 -7/8/09 gonal-f/ovidrel trigger=BFN IUI #6 - 8/7/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/hcg booster (5000iu) 3dpiui=BFN IUI #7 - 9/5/09 gonal f/ovidrel trigger/2 hcg boosters (5000iu)=BFN Taking a Break....=BFN IUI #8- 11/1/09=BFP Finally! (gonal f/ovidrel trigger/prom & estr Beta#1=14 (11/16) Beta#2=23 (11/18) Beta#3=29 (11/20) Beta #4=8 (11/23) 11/23/09=M/C IUI #9- 12/13/09=BFP!!!! Beta#1=563 Beta#2=1115 Triplets!!! Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks so much, pea-kay!  I'm trying to keep it together on the fears front.  As my husband says, "This is a marathon - if we try and move too fast/think too much too soon, we'll burn out."  I keep trying to remind myself one day at a time, but it's tough not to work myself up some days.  I really appreciate your response! 

(BTW - I've been lurking on triplet connection, too, thanks to your rec.  Sounds like there was some drama a couple of weeks ago, though, that maybe led to an exodus of the more experienced triplet MoMs from the forum?? Sad  It definitely hasn't seemed as active lately...)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageFinallyCs_girl:

Thanks so much, pea-kay!  I'm trying to keep it together on the fears front.  As my husband says, "This is a marathon - if we try and move too fast/think too much too soon, we'll burn out."  I keep trying to remind myself one day at a time, but it's tough not to work myself up some days.  I really appreciate your response! 

(BTW - I've been lurking on triplet connection, too, thanks to your rec.  Sounds like there was some drama a couple of weeks ago, though, that maybe led to an exodus of the more experienced triplet MoMs from the forum?? Sad  It definitely hasn't seemed as active lately...)

Definitely a marathon, not a sprint! (Coming from someone who has done two marathons, this is an apt metaphor. In the beginning, you wonder how you're going to make it, and the end just plain hurts. But what a rush when it's over! :D)

The TC drama sucks for new MoMs...a lot of us have moved over to a FB group, which is no help for new MoMs! Hopefully the main TC board will pick back up soon. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

I am just shy of 20 weeks right now and I definitely take it easy but I am by no means on bed rest.  I am a teacher so I"m off work and that helps a lot.  Like Pea-Kay said, you need to listen to your body.  This AM I vacuumed all the floors and mopped and felt a little tired but I was OK after I sat down and drank some water.  My peri said no working outside the home after 24 weeks and we would see what my cervix was doing at that point and see if I needed strict bed rest but at my appointment last week my cervix looked awesome.

Just take it easy and do what you can.  I will say though that in the last couple weeks I have definetely started to feel a lot more "pregnant"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had trouble early on w/ ms and just being physically drained.  I was about 19 weeks when MH and I went to the mall for a few things for Xmas.  I spent most of that mall trip sitting down somewhere.

I was fairly uncomfortable 24-28 weeks and then it just got more and more painful.  There are different versions of bedrest.  I just needed to take it easy - I could use the bathroom whenever I wanted, shower whenever I wanted, walk around if I wanted.  I mainly just lounged around.  Every woman is different though.  There are some pregnant with trips who are out and about and feel great thru 34 weeks.  You never know. 

• Options

I worked (Kindergarten teacher) until 21 weeks But i did everything i could to sit down.  I was very tired by 17-19 weeks.  I eneded up on nedrest at 22 weeks so i would get what ever done now that hyou can, just in case.  I am only 5 feet tall so there was not much room and lots of pressure.

I also had a toddler at home and we ended up having to keep her i daycare because i could not care for her while on bedrest.  It's tricky but it all gets worked out:) 

Peakay is right, it is a marathon, a long road but my three little sleeping bundles i am looking at right now make it all worth it:)

Good luck, and try not to panic but i know that is easier said then done.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think as others have said everyone is different and that's the main point.  I'm 20w now and I'm doing fine.  I am taller and have a long torso.  I get tired pretty easily but I generally feel pretty good.  My OB is telling me to expect to stop working between 24-28 weeks but probably closer to 24.  My Peri just told me today not to expect to work past 24 weeks.  The marathon analogy makes a lot of sense. :)  Good luck to you.  Definitely listen to your body and take it easy when you feel that you should.
    jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"