2nd Trimester
Options

It's All Greek to Me

I want to be able to have a pack-n-play with bassinet in the bedroom for when the baby is first born.  It seems like most of the pack-n-plays say they have a bassinet, but then it doesn't seem cuddly, it just seems like a big space similar to the crib.  This one with the newborn napper seems to be more like what I would imagine a newborn would want to sleep in, but is that right?  Why or why not?  What are other good options for a baby to spend the first month or two sleeping in our room?  A full on bassinet seems like an extraordinary waste of money to me.  So confused.

Help?! 

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3572949&006=5317446990&005=12524851&002=2195185&004=1788333030&007=Search 

Re: It's All Greek to Me

• Options

That is the kind we are going to get, except the one we want also has a shade that comes up over the top, in case we want to have it outside.

I'm not sure what the other pack-n-plays you're talking about that say they have a bassinet.

• Options
    imageMrs. K in TX:

That is the kind we are going to get, except the one we want also has a shade that comes up over the top, in case we want to have it outside.

<b>I'm not sure what the other pack-n-plays you're talking about that say they have a bassinet.</b>

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3904374

I looked at the one in the link above and i didn't see a bassinet...isn't that just a changer attachment or am i total idiot and that IS the bassinet?  ...sigh.  Good thing I have several months left, so lost. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs. K in TX:

<b>I'm not sure what the other pack-n-plays you're talking about that say they have a bassinet.</b>

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3904374

I looked at the one in the link above and i didn't see a bassinet...isn't that just a changer attachment or am i total idiot and that IS the bassinet?  ...sigh.  Good thing I have several months left, so lost. 

• Options

Hi- lurking from 3rd tri... When it says bassinet, it just means the part the baby sleeps on is up higher, more like a crib than a playpen. So you have the regular playpen, then the "bassinet" insert for the higher level. You're right about the other attachement, it is the changer.

We got the PnP with the newborn napper, because we thought it would be more comfy for a newborn compared to the wide open space of a crib.

That was way harder to explain than I thought it would be, but hope it helps!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagesarbear2177:

Hi- lurking from 3rd tri... When it says bassinet, it just means the part the baby sleeps on is up higher, more like a crib than a playpen. So you have the regular playpen, then the "bassinet" insert for the higher level. You're right about the other attachement, it is the changer.

We got the PnP with the newborn napper, because we thought it would be more comfy for a newborn compared to the wide open space of a crib.

That was way harder to explain than I thought it would be, but hope it helps!

Ahhh, it was difficult to ask the question, too!  Haha.  So you think the napper is something an infant could sleep through the night in (Ha, like it'll sleep through the night, anyway!) ?  It seems like that would make the most sense to me, but I'm not educated at this point, so I didn't want to jump the gun. 

• Options

We are using this as a bassinet for the first few months and then we will travel with it, etc.  I also did not want to spend the money on a pricey bassinet that we would only use for a few months.

Graco Travel Lite Crib - Cabo - Graco  - Babies"R"Us

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3609375

C is 3 years old

• Options
    Sorry, I left shortly after I posted to this.  Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"