Military Families

Just a thought...

I went on post earlier and the guard asked me how I was doing. I answered good but I'm sick so I wasn't good...but anyways...

When going through the gate, and the guard asks you how your doing. Do you ever say anything else, and what do you say?

Married 04.23.07
Hayden born 11.18.07
BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
TTC #2 since Dec 09'
10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
TTC Blog
23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view

Re: Just a thought...

• Every time I've driven on base there's always people behind me. I don't want to hold things up, so I keep it short.

Here, though, I chat with the Marines who run the doors at the Embassy.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I always make sure I ask how their day is going.  I'm sure the job is monotonous and people probably just grunt at them on their way through.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1momma1momma member
    Ive actually had a Marine, keep me at the gate to vent about how his day was going, and how hot he was in his vest, telling people over and over again to have a nice day.
  • I say "good and you?"  I keep it short since there is always a line to get on
  • Most of the Guards here know Monkey and she knows them.

She will say hello as soon as the guard leans in to get my id.  They all say Hello or Morgen (if they are the German security).  She will babble a bit about her day thus far and they will all smile and say 'uh-hung' like they understand what she is saying.  

Then as we leave she will wave good-bye and try to say Tschus.

Its all very sweet.

Of course we rarely go on base (either of them) during rush hour.  So they have time for this little conversation. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"