2nd Trimester
Options

need advice please

Ugh.  So me and DD both have been having cold-like symptoms since Saturday.  My colds always start off with a sore throat and then turn into coughing and stuffy nose.  Tuesday night, DD was in the ER because she broke out in hives.  Turns out she has a virus, causing the hives, coughing, a yucky throat, and her eyes were all boogery the other night but better now.  I've been coughing off and on; it has increased since last night.  Last night my throat looked kind of gross and was sore, but today not so much.  We are a military family, so the protocol when sick is to call and try to get a same day appointment, wait all day (literally) for a possible walk-in appointment, or head to the ER.  I called for a same day, and there aren't any available.  All clinics on base are closed after today until Tuesday for the holiday. 

I'm thinking this is just a cold but with DD having the virus and me being pregnant, I'm paranoid.  My next step was going to call my OB nurse and see what she says.  Then I was thinking maybe heading to an urgent care, just to get checked out to ease my mind.  But I keep telling myself, it's a cold, just take a Sudafed or something else safe for a cold and see how that goes.  I guess I feel kinda dumb getting worked up and going to the doctor about a cold.  I know this seems kinda stupid to ask here, but what would you do?

imageimageimage

Re: need advice please

• Options
    When in doubt, call your OB!! I really hope you and DD feel better soon!
  • Options
    Do you know for sure that it's a cold? Because I don't think you can ever be too careful about illnesses while you're pregnant. I'd get it checked out ASAP. 
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I forgot to say that I cannot, for the life of me, remember the name of the virus she has.  I looked in her paperwork from the ER and nothing is written down, just instructions for her care.  The ER pedi didn't seem concerned about her virus and me being pregnant.

Anyway, I'm not 100% that it's a cold.  Pretty sure, just based on having a million of them before.  :)  If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't even care to go to the`doctor.  I had my tonsils taken out in 2004 and never get any type of strep or tonsilitis since then, but I guess you never know. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"