Trouble TTC

Supporting friend w/ failed IVF

A close friend just did her first IVF attempt and it didn't work. Any ideas on how to help support her through this tough time? She's pretty devastated.  

Re: Supporting friend w/ failed IVF

• Just be there for her.  Provide a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear.  If you are a person of faith, pray with her.  Don't offer advice, but just be there to listen.  I will say a prayer for your friend.  I hope she has success in the future!

• Whatever you do, don't tell her to relax.

Let her know that you're there for her if she wants to talk about it. Just listen- don't try to offer advice or a solution.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You are a wonderful friend! It says a lot about you and your friendship with her for  you to come here and ask this question. 

Just like the other ladies have said, the best thing to do is just be there. Let her know that you are there for her. Listen to her when she needs to vent or let her cry on your shoulder.  But never tell her that he time will come or to relax or anything of the sort.

Thank you for being so considerate. 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Don't give in to the temptation of saying "I know it will happen someday" or "My mother-in-law's best friend's daughter had to go through 3 IVFs..." Just say that you are there for her and will be there to listen.  And take her out to a movie or something to get her mind off of it for a few hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"