2nd Trimester

criB mattress

hello!

my husband finally just put our beautiful crib together...and we never even thought to buy a crib mattress!  well that's what we need to do next.  does anybody have any suggestions where we should start looking?  or what brand might good to check out?  any tips would be helpful...

*love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. (zora neale hurston)* Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: criB mattress

• WIth a newborn, you want a firm mattress. BRU, Target, Baby Depot... they all have them and they start at about $85.

You want a waterproof one, though! And you will also want a water proof mattress cover.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Just pick one up at BRU...  none are special.
  • Loading the player...
  • Go to bru to check them out. The cheap ones really feel smushy, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting ds on one. Take a good look and feel them, you'll be able to tell the difference. Ours was over a hundered dollars, but we used the 20% off coupon. As pp said, you want one that is firm.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Making lefse at the cabin **Scott 6/8/96** **Avery 7/24/08** **Brendan 7/15/10**
  • We have a Colgate 2 in 1.  It got great reviews when we were buying a mattress. I do think the mattress matters, so I would read some reviews and shop around.  Don't forget the waterproof mattress pads (get 2). 
  • imageMrslove78:
    Just pick one up at BRU...  none are special.

I am sure you didn't do this with the mattress you sleep on, correct?  Why would you do it with your baby?

• We are also getting the Colgate 2 in 1.  I've heard really great things about the brand and the price isn't bad.  And I like the idea that it can be turned over to the less firm side when my daughter is sleeping in the toddler bed. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We're getting the Naturepedic Seamless. They sell it at Sears. An organic mattress is very important to me. Do some research and find out what is right for you. It's just like picking your own except smaller. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"