Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Flying across the country tomorrow with a 4 month old...

And already stressing about it.. DH will be with us, but ugh...Any words of advice or wisdom?

Thanks!

image   image

Re: Flying across the country tomorrow with a 4 month old...

• Good Luck and just try to go with the flow! If your stressed your LO will pick up on it. We are moving across the country so flying with a 3 month old next week as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You'll do great.  We've discovered that flying is much easier than long road trips (for us at least).  If you breastfeed, I would sit in a window seat with DH in the middle so you have the most privacy.  I would also carry as little with you on the plane as you can.  I prefer to check my carseat/stroller downstairs so I'm not struggling with it through security, and then I wear DD in the Bjorn or Ergo while we're walking around in the airport.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure things will be fine. I did a 13 hour trip alone because the hubby is deployed. I thought I wouldn't make it but it was so easy!

Good Luck!

• CTri17CTri17 member

you'll be fine! I just did it last week.

Bring a few toys, I brought the boppy (easier to hold LO)

nurse/bottle/paci on takeoff/landing

other than that have fun!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Do not hesitate to ask the staff for help.  Good luck- you will be fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The nurses at my moms group have told us to make sure your little one is SWALLOWING at take off and landing to allow their ears to pop. The paci alone wont work because they arent swallowing. So bottle feed or nurse on take off and landing at all costs. Good luck I am sure it will be fine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCTri17:

you'll be fine! I just did it last week.

Bring a few toys, I brought the boppy (easier to hold LO)

nurse/bottle/paci on takeoff/landing

other than that have fun!

This.  I have flown twice with my LO in the past 3 weeks (although the flights were only 2.5hr long each) and I did as the PP suggested.  Another poster said make sure they are swallowing.  My DS was sleeping during landing, and only had paci and was fine, so take that for what it's worth.  Basically I fed and he slept in my arms/boppy.  And another poster had a better time checking the stroller/carseat in, but our DS loves to be strolled so we took it thorugh security (not a hassle at all with the Snap N Go stroller) so he could nap/look around in the stroller.  You'll do fine!

One thing: either on the phone the night before or at the gate, make sure your ticket says 'Infant in Arms', they need that to let you on (on Delta at least).

If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"