Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Learn how to be a mother!

So my mom decides to say this to me today after she didn't like me telling her something about picking up the baby when she wasn't crying from her seat. Of course we've had built up tension for awhile now but today was the icing of the cake. We both exploded like never before. I feel so hurt, sad, disappointed and pissed!! To top it off we live in the same house. I feel like turning in a 30 day notice tomorrow and getting away from her and start looking for daycare since she will not be babysitting when I go back to work. Perfect timing right when i'm super emotional, sleep deprived etc etc..... Vent over. Thanks!

Re: Learn how to be a mother!

• KKWISCKKWISC member
    First question that comes to mind is why do you live with you mom? Sounds like that is the main issue.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She went through a harsh divorce after 15yrs and my younger brother got deployed. She wasn't financially nor emotionally ready to be on her own. What was supposed to be a temporary move turned out to be more perm. She does pitch in financially with us just not sure she'll make it on her own. After today, i'm not really concerned anymore. She has a bf she can move in with if all else fails.
  • Loading the player...
  • KKWISCKKWISC member
    Your right. Sounds like it time for her to move out. Just remember shes an adult and her finances are not your problem. You need to be a mom to LO not be a mom to your mom, she can take care of herself.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks! I feel the same way. She just has a way of getting to me! and since it's my mother I don't know how to go about it. I'm sure she got the point today. She's so good at throwing favors in my face. She'll take it as me kicking her out into the cold. Ugh! feel like crap. Incase she didn't get my point we'll be going for round two when I tell her i'm turning in notice. Not sure how i'm going to word that to her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"