Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Middle of the night nursing?

If you feed on both sides:

Do you change your LO's diaper first, after or between?

I change his diaper in between, but if he doesn't burp well after nursing the first side, he will sometimes, spit up while laying down for his diaper change. I change him in between, because I want him awake enough to nurse from the second side. It literally takes me 30 seconds to change him though.

I'm wondering if I should change him first though (to avoid him spitting up), or that might just make him mad, having to wait for the boob. :-)

Re: Middle of the night nursing?

• Options
    I change him between sides.  He usually spits up, but he is an AR baby so he spits up (full on vomits) frequently.  If I don't do it between then he only gets one side and then we are up again in an hour.
  • Options
    I usually change her diaper first b/c she falls asleep while eating.  I typically only feed on one side at a time.  However, about 50% of the time she'll poop shortly after eating so I'll have to change her again.  Then I'll feed her from the other side to get her to fall asleep quicker again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only nurse on one side and change her before I nurse.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options
    I wait till after.  She seems to only like to poop during feedings and I'd go through 3 - 4 diapers a feeding if I changed it at first or in between.  Our LO tends to spit up a lot as well.  Our doctor recommended putting a towel underneath the head of the changing table pad to keep her slightly elevated and this has worked well for us so far.
  • Options

imagerlscheck:
    I wait till after.  She seems to only like to poop during feedings and I'd go through 3 - 4 diapers a feeding if I changed it at first or in between.  Our LO tends to spit up a lot as well.  Our doctor recommended putting a towel underneath the head of the changing table pad to keep her slightly elevated and this has worked well for us so far.

This is a good idea. Thanks! I'll have to try this.

• Options
    mopsiemopsie member
    If she's sleepy, I'll change her to help wake her up.  If she's screaming her head off, I'll nurse first.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ummm, we don't change him during the night anymore. He gets a fresh diaper right before bed at 7pm and then one first thing when he gets up in the morning. His diaper is wet, but they are sooo absorbent these days his skin is pretty dry. Obviously he isn't pooping during they night or of course he would absolutely get a change. He wakes up at about 3 and then about 6 and goes back to sleep until about 7:30. We use Pampers Sensitive, they hold a lot of pee!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Diaper before eating. I offer both boobs, & if he poops it's usually during the first boob.

• Options

I change between boobs.  He would get way too mad if i made him wait to eat while i changed him.  It's bad enough making him wait while we walk from thye bedroom to the living room.  He's so impatient.

1ht

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"