January 2011 Moms

NT vs. Quad Screen

I haven't had a chance to talk to my midwife about it...but I'm assuming that you could do one or the other (both aren't necessary, right?) - although I don't "HAVE TO" do the test, I would be too nervous if I didn't. What are you ladies doing?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: NT vs. Quad Screen

• We're doing just the quad screen.  NT only tests for a few specific disorders, while quad screen is a bit more comprehensive.  It's one of the very few which tests for spina bifida, which my drs are watching hard since both my brother & I have occulta.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not doing either test, but you can do either test or both.  They are done at different times.  The NT scan has to be done before 13.5 weeks.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had the NT scan but haven't heard of the quad. Is it just a blood test or is it more invasive?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My OB/GYN told me that the quad screen is something that they recommend to mothers over the age of 35 and the NT screening is recommended for those under the age of 35.  Although, she also said that I could elect to do the quad screen if I wanted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm doing the quad only. Mainly becasue I can't find a doc to offer NT on island, so I'll go home to Ohio for my next appointment and do the quad there.
  • imagekknapp25:

I've had the NT scan but haven't heard of the quad. Is it just a blood test or is it more invasive?

I believe it's just a blood test

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"