Success after IF
Options

Thought about it-decided to take house off the mkt

It's just not the right time for us to sell.  The cons definitely outweigh the pros.   There really wasn't any desperate need for us to move.  We weren't going to be going from an apt or condo to a house.  The main reason we were going to do it was to move into my sister's great neighborhood (so friendly and warm, mine is very cold and impersonal-makes me feel lonely sometimes and DH hates that for me), plus it would be easier for me to drop DS 2 seconds away at my sister's as opposed to 20 minutes (but that's not too too bad) on my way to work.   Oh and DH commute would have been much shorter, but mine would be longer.  

we just have too much going on and something was nagging at me.  No one has even looked at it and we don't want to keep dropping the price.  We have no mortgage and next year I want to send DS to a MMO.  I know we couldn't do a mortgage AND MMO for DS.   I think putting Nicholas in school is more important than a new house when our house is just fine.  Plus who knows if we will need to go back to the RE (100% OOP)- we just started TTC #2.  Plus other financial stuff.   So for now it is off the mkt. 

At least now I don't have to always keep my house tidy.  It's a pain working, taking care of a toddler and having to make sure each night the house is vacuumed- just in case someone wants to see it the next day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thought about it-decided to take house off the mkt

• Options
    Sounds like you made the right decision for you and that is awesome. DH and I sold a house when we had been married about 1 year. We obviously didn't have kids yet but with 2 dogs it was hard keeping it clean as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"