Pre-School and Daycare

WWYD?

DH works with a man who mentioned today that they had to fire their nanny and were looking for a new one, either for the short term while they look, or if it worked out, for the long(er) term. DH asked me if I was interested. There are several pros and cons.
   PROS: A little extra $, (right now they pay their fill-in nanny $50/day) without really having to do much more than I do now as a SAHM. A playmate for DS2 now and when DS1 goes to Kindergarten in August. We would do this in our home, so I wouldn't have to leave the house or get DS2 up any earlier than normal time for him.
    CONS: I'm having a baby Sept 16th, and don't know how much more tired having another child around would be. If I did do it after she was born, I'd have 3yr old twins (he's the same age as my DS), and a newborn during the day. I would have to re-install a 4th carseat into my car if the parents okay'ed me taking their child like to the park or something.

WWYD? I'm taking some time to think about it, just curious to your all's thoughts. :)
Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• I think I'd do it.  To be honest, the other little one will probably keep your DS occupied during the day, so you wouldn't have to entertain him as much.  I know when I watch my friend's little girl, Kellen is so occupied playing with her, that he doesn't know I exist!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagebridesrighthand:
    I think I'd do it.  To be honest, the other little one will probably keep your DS occupied during the day, so you wouldn't have to entertain him as much.  I know when I watch my friend's little girl, Kellen is so occupied playing with her, that he doesn't know I exist!

DH mentioned this too. He said I might actually not be as tired lol. 

PS...Your sig pic is SOOO adorable!

Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For me, personally, it would be very overwhelming.  I remember when DD was a newborn I was "working" for my husband scheduling his appointments for his job and I only had time to do it when she was sleeping or I was BFDing.  Eventually, DH had to hire a "real" schedule full-time to do it because there was no way I could give both of those important tasks my 100% focus.  

The good thing is that you know what you're capable of handling.  If you can manage 2 3-year olds and a newborn then go for it.  I'm sure the extra money will come in handy and the bonus is that you don't have to leave your house.  Make sure you think of every thing, even the little things you think won't matter, and weigh them carefully.  You'll make the right decision for you and your family, I'm sure!  GL! 

• I would do it.  The money would be great, and so would a playmate! : )
  • imagebrittneycc1982:
    I would do it.  The money would be great, and so would a playmate! : )

Exactly!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"