Austin Babies

How much would you pay a 13 year old cat sitter?

We are going to be hiring one of the neighborhood kids to cat sit (and get the mail) but I have no idea what to pay him. We only need him to come once a day to feed him wet food, give him new water, and scoop his box. Hopefully he will also love on our kitty a little, but I figure that's a bonus.

What do you think is a decent rate? I feel like "real" pet sitters charge $15 or so a visit. I'm thinking, $5 a visit/day? Is that too cheap?

Re: How much would you pay a 13 year old cat sitter?

• We pay a 10 year old $2.  We wanted to pay $5 (based on an adult sitter charging $15-$18), but her mom thought it was too much.  Maybe check with his mom and see what she thinks is appropriate.
  • We pay $5 a visit to a neighborhood kid.  I think it's a fair rate,  although our pet sitter  is probably 16 by now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome. I was going to check in with his mom, but wanted to have a ballpark figure ready too. Thanks!
  • I pay a pet sitter $9/day.  She comes 2x a day, feeds, cleans litter, gives meds (when necessary) and makes sure mail/trash are brought in/out.  She also turns on and off lights in different rooms to make it look like we're home.  :)
  • Damn, Joyco. I'm jealous. I can't find a petsitter here for under $15 a visit. And $15 is on the cheap side, most that I priced want $20 - $25 for a visit.

For a kid, for the little he has to do, I'd run $5 a day by his mom and see what she says. That would have made me pretty happy when I was a kid. 

• I don't think that $5. a day is too cheap. It is only one time a day and feeding him and giving water is nothing. I don't know how many days you are talking, but no less than $20 total.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome. We only need him two nights this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"