What do I need to read? — The Bump
Breastfeeding

What do I need to read?

I will be heading to the library Friday and plan to pick up some books on breastfeeding and natural childbirth. I know nothing about breastfeeding, okay some but not much, and was wondering what you recommend to read to help me become "breastfeeding savy?" TIA ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Our Angel Babies EP 2/9/09 MC 9/2/09 MC 8/12/12 EP 12/26/12

Re: What do I need to read?

• I loved So That's What They're For - funny take on the subject.  The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is also supposed to be good.  www.kellymom.com is fantastic as well.

For childbirth - The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth and Ina May's Guide to Childbirth were helpful for me.

• A good lactation consultant to make a personal visit with you after you get home is worth 1,000 books. I know that doesn't really answer your question - but I feel very strongly about LCs and not so strongly about BFing books during pregnancy. It's one of those things you learn by doing, not by reading.
  • Loading the player...
  • PP is right about a good LC making a big difference. Also, if you attend a Le Leche meeting (highly encourage it!) they often have a great library of good resources just in case the library doesn't have what you're looking for.  GL
  • I love so that's what they're for. I would also suggest taking a BF class & finding a local Leleche meeting or group for after LO is born good luck :)
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards