Multiples
Options

If DC takes prevacid?

Did you give it on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal?  I am reading on a reflux site that this makes the medicine more effective.  The information with the meds, does not mention this.  When did you give the med?  How did it work for your child?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: If DC takes prevacid?

• Options

my DS takes Prevacid. He started on the 15mg solutab and is now on 18.75mg compounded into a solution, it works pretty well for him. It worked better when he was smaller.

I know you are supposed to give it 15-30 before eating but with a very hungry 4mth old boy that is an impossibility. We are lucky if he can hold out 10 min before eating after his dose. It def. helps him regardless.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

i used to be a prevacid drug rep. I know it inside and out.

it will work the best if taken about 1/2 hour before food... you want it in the blood so when food enters the body it triggers the proton pumps to shut down (b/c PPIs only shut down active pumps).  If taken during food or after then many of the pumps will become activated and produce acid before the med is in the system to stop them.

it will still work if given with/after food - just possibly not as well - and obviously you want to try and have the best outcome.

Ironically- my son, Grayson, did not do well on Prevacid- for him a 3x's a day dosing of Zantac worked best..... reflux in babies is tricky - can be caused by so many things.  i hope prevacid does the trick for your baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

empty stomach, first thing in a.m.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Interesting.  We have always put it in their bottle because that is what they did in the NICU.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the responces!  We saw some improvement last night giving it with food at feeding time but today we are going to try 30 minutes prior.  I am so excitied that prevacid may work and help my poor babies have some peace.  Thanks again!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagefinallyreilly:
    Interesting.  We have always put it in their bottle because that is what they did in the NICU.

ditto

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"