Babies: 6 - 9 Months

probably a stupid formula ?...

ok, so on the back of the formula can it says to use an opened can within a month.  how closely to you follow this rule?  just asking b/c i keep a little can of formula in my diaper bag at all times, for those "just incase" situations.  I have already had to open it (forgot the formula dispenser)... so should I go ahead and just use it all or do you think it will be okay if it's not used before a month?

Re: probably a stupid formula ?...

• I've never had to even worry about it, DS goes through a few cans a month. if you can use it up within a week or two after the month is up I wouldn't worry too much.. much longer than that and I'd probably chuck it

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• I haven't had this issue but I go by what it says.  If I had a can that was open for more then a month I wouldn't use it.  If you only use formula on an occasional basis, depending on the type you use, you can buy "sticks".  They make a 4oz bottle (use 2 to make an 8oz bottle).  I know Similac Advance has them (I use them for traveling) and Enfamil has one too.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I keep a little tupperware container in my diaper bag as well.  I just try to only keep enough for an 8 oz bottle and try to use it within a month.  I'm sure if its a bit past a month you're fine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"