Cincinnati Babies
Options

Milk Question & a Thank You

I am still in left field mentally, but I wanted to ask what you ladies thought. My boobs have been really sore the last 2 days. Today Ty even noticed that they look REALLY big and I can feel that they are a little hard. Do you think I could be getting my milk in? I mean, in my head it makes sense that my body knows I just gave birth so it would cause my milk to come in. If it is my milk, is there something the Dr can give me to make it stop? It's pretty uncomfortable right now, but not painful. What do you think? Could it be milk?

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your support. I haven't been on the computer much, but I have taken a few minutes to stop in and read all of the super nice replies and I just wanted to tell you how thankful I am to have such a support system. I cried less yesterday than the day before and a little less today than yesterday. It will be a healing process but we are strong and we will make it through this together. We are having a graveside service for Addyston on Friday and I will be glad to have that piece of closure. Thanks again, you girls really are awesome!!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Milk Question & a Thank You

• Options

I am glad you are working your way through the healing process. I think the graveside service will bring you a lot of peace.

If it is your milk coming in, you'll want to just dry it up so it doesn't make you uncomfortable. Take a few Sudafed to help it along-- just the normal dose of regular Sudafed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't know if there are any meds you can take, but try a tight sports bra to help with the milk.  Also I've heard cabbage leaves can help dry you up, but I've never tried that.  Take care of yourself, and we're all thinking about and praying for you.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's almost certainly milk.  You can take Sudafed, like the previous poster suggested.  It's notorious for killing milk supply.  You take the old formula, the one you have to ask the pharmacist for now.  And just take it according to package directions for a few days.  It will make it go away. 

Some other tips:  wear a tight sports bra, cool compresses or soft/flexible ice packs may ease discomfort (just don't put them directly on your skin, you don't want to injure your skin) and if it gets unbearable you can stand in the shower and let hot water hit your breasts, it will most likely make the milk let down and leak a little... it will ease some of the discomfort but won't let so much out that it encourages more production.

You can also take tylenol, ibuprofen or any other kind of pain med you may have to help the pain as well.

I'm so sorry you're going through this... Take good care of yourself, you and your husband continue to be in my thoughts.

Hannah

• Options
    I agree that it is more than likely your milk. The PPs had great suggestions.  I just wanted to say that I have been thinking of you and to take care of yourself.  I hope the graveside service goes well tomorrow and can give you some comfort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"