Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone seen Shutter Island?

Re: Anyone seen Shutter Island?

• yes i saw it ... it definately keep you guessing but had some disturbing images of kids dying ... just so you know.  not sure if i would recommend, any other options for movie night?
  • eh, just okay. kind of predictable.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's funny -- I'm watching it right now.  PP is right -- there are some very disturbing images.  If I'd known what to expect I wouldn't have watched it.  I think I'm going to be sick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNHMountainBride:
    That's funny -- I'm watching it right now.  PP is right -- there are some very disturbing images.  If I'd known what to expect I wouldn't have watched it.  I think I'm going to be sick.

Wow it's that bad.... Now I'm having second thoughts. It arrived today via Netflix and I'm sure DH is going to want to watch it tonight. I might just give in and watch it with him.

Thanks girls!

• Just finished it.  You might be ok -- I've become super sensitive about any images/stories/anything involving sick, hurt, or dying children since having a baby, whether fiction or real.  If you decide to watch it, let me know what you think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tri047tri047 member
    I saw it and thought it was great!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagenaturelle25:
    eh, just okay. kind of predictable.

I thought the opposite- I didn't find it predictable at all!  You can check out some online websites that can tell you all the scary parts so you know what to expect (that's what I do since I'm uber-sensitive about violence). But I really liked it. It kinda confuses you and then ends differently than you'd expect.

We rented it a few weeks ago and I'm actually considering purchasing it now. And I don't do that for a lot. 

So let us know if you do watch it and what you think!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageDEBBIE33CASEY:

imagenaturelle25:
    eh, just okay. kind of predictable.

I thought the opposite- I didn't find it predictable at all!  You can check out some online websites that can tell you all the scary parts so you know what to expect (that's what I do since I'm uber-sensitive about violence). But I really liked it. It kinda confuses you and then ends differently than you'd expect.

We rented it a few weeks ago and I'm actually considering purchasing it now. And I don't do that for a lot. 

So let us know if you do watch it and what you think!!!

I have no idea what this movie is about but I heard from my BIL that it was really good.  If it's scary I can take it, since I love scary movies. I'm not really a big fan of gruesome type movies where there's gruesome killing or hard core violence but I'm willing to watch it :)

• Maybe Im just insensitive but I didnt find it that "disturbing" at all. Although, Ive noticed I feel this way about several movies that other people on here find disturbing...so its probably just me, lol.
    someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • i thought it was excellent.
  • imagenaturelle25:
    Maybe Im just insensitive but I didnt find it that "disturbing" at all. Although, Ive noticed I feel this way about several movies that other people on here find disturbing...so its probably just me, lol.

I'm generally not really sensitive about that kind of stuff and can really just get into the story - but I was very bothered by that movie and kinda wished somebody had warned me.  Neither DH or I had any idea - and we were both pretty freaked out and upset about it.  Technically though - I thought it was a great movie - but just really disturbing subject matter. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The book is much better. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was unimpressed and also found it fairly predictable. I had heard heat things about it and had high hopes but both DH and I were disappointed. I also didn't think it was that scary.
  • Way overrated in my opinion. I thought it was horrible and didn't even finish watching it.

• I watched it last night and didn't think it was great but also didn't think it totally sucked. The ending kind of had me confused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"