D.C. Area Babies

Burping/Spitting Up

DS has never been a one to spit up a lot at all. We bfed until 6 months and he spit up maybe two times a week, even as a newborn. He's been ff since 6 months and we started solids at 6 months. Lately I feel like he has been burping and spitting up a TON more. I think it's really just been the past 2 weeks that I've noticed it. And the burps can be at completely random times, like right after he wakes up from a nap. He is spitting up once or twice a day, not right after a feeding, maybe 30 min. or so later? He is also majorly teething, his bottom two are both coming in at the same time (first ones) so there is LOTS of drooling going on, so maybe related to that?

Can kids get reflux this late? I feel like if it was reflux it would be happening even more frequently and he would seem to be in pain. I can't seem to pinpoint it to any one food or time. DH thinks it's because he is on his stomach more now that he is creeping around and sleeps on his stomach too...we go to the doc in a couple of weeks for his check up so I'll ask then unless it gets worse sooner. It really doesn't seem to bother him, he's still eating/drinking normally. Any experiences or ideas?

Thanks as always!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Burping/Spitting Up

• The only time BabyCrown really spit up was when he was teething; all of that drool would just overflow his belly.  The burping could also be caused by more swallowing of drool.  If DS doesn't seem to be in any pain other than from the teething, then that's probably it.  But, of course, you should ask the dr. at his next appt, too.
  • imagemommmyz:

DS has never been a one to spit up a lot at all. We bfed until 6 months and he spit up maybe two times a week, even as a newborn. He's been ff since 6 months and we started solids at 6 months. Lately I feel like he has been burping and spitting up a TON more. I think it's really just been the past 2 weeks that I've noticed it. And the burps can be at completely random times, like right after he wakes up from a nap. He is spitting up once or twice a day, not right after a feeding, maybe 30 min. or so later? He is also majorly teething, his bottom two are both coming in at the same time (first ones) so there is LOTS of drooling going on, so maybe related to that?

Can kids get reflux this late? I feel like if it was reflux it would be happening even more frequently and he would seem to be in pain. I can't seem to pinpoint it to any one food or time. DH thinks it's because he is on his stomach more now that he is creeping around and sleeps on his stomach too...we go to the doc in a couple of weeks for his check up so I'll ask then unless it gets worse sooner. It really doesn't seem to bother him, he's still eating/drinking normally. Any experiences or ideas?

Thanks as always!

I think it's this.  The times that DS got really refluxy were when he was learning to roll over, learning to sit, and learning to crawl.  All of those seemed to put extra pressure on his stomach and until it got used to it, he spat up more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"