Parenting after a Loss
Options

IL vent (ILs mentioned)

mh2t - the title is just for you :) OK - now for the vent. My FIL and step-MIL came to visit. Flew in yesterday morning and left this evening. Short trip. But FIL wanted to get back to work. Anyway - my feelings are hurt because we only saw them for maybe 6 hours. They were totally content to sleep in, hang at the hotel, etc. I thought they would want to spend more time with LO?!?! And I should add that we paid for the flight and hotel... Which somehow makes me feel like they should do what I want :) LOL. Vent over.
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IL vent (ILs mentioned)

• Options

lol at the title.

Wow, that's terrible especially since you paid for their visit!!!  I'd be ticked too.

(edited to fix a typo so I don't sound like a hick)

• Options
    That sucks. With that short of time, they should have been at your housr when the rooster was crowing! They can sleep in at home!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be hurt and annoyed as well - especially if you paid for their visit! I am sorry :(
  • Options
    LOL at the title... BOO on the rest...Id be mad too.
  • Options

a) I LOLed at the title

b) They definitely should have been at your house and visiting more--that seems ridiculous that they didn't want to spend more time with their grandson.  Madness!

• Options
    I would be upset too!  You paid for the trip, they should have made more of an effort! 
  • Options

That's really annoying.  DH's parents did something similar before DD was born.  DH had a swearing-in ceremony at his new job, and he really wanted them to come to it.  We paid for their ticket using miles, but because it was last-minute, it cost a ridiculous amount of miles - like, we could have flown to Europe for the amount of miles it cost.  They came for 36 hours, half of which was while DH was at work.  He was so bummed and I wanted to knock their heads together. 

I think the fact that you guys paid for their visit means they should really take advantage of the visit to spend time with the family.  That's just me, though.

• Options

(DBs mentioned)  : )

sounds like they were acting like DBs to me...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"