Multiples

Convertible & Booster Qs

Sorry if this is a dumb Q but...

The convertible carseats I was looking at said a max weight of 40 lbs. My girls are currently about 19 lbs. each--how long, on avg, will they be in convertible car seats? At what age (or weight) do they go to booster seats?

Is it smarter to buy a convertible that goes up to 65 lbs. max or is it practical that they will most likely be in boosters at that weight and so buying a 40 lb. max carseat is a safe bet??? I'm confused...

Thx!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Convertible & Booster Qs

• DS1 was around 18 or 19 pounds at 6m.  When he was 1 year, he was only maybe 24 pounds (maybe a pound or 2 less).  At his 2 year appt, he was only 29 pounds, at 2.5 years I had a weight check (because he weighed less on our home scale), he weighed 31 pounds.  After 6m and 9m, their weight slows down a ton.  I don't think he'll be 40 pounds even when he's 4 years. 

I have a friend with a DS 1 week younger than DS1 and her's is 38 pounds, but he's very heavy for his age (but proportioned, not fat, very soid).  

Is the seat that goes to 65 pounds much more expensive?  I think a booster can be used at 40 pounds.  If the 65 pounds was much more, I'd probably go for the 40 pounder and then get a booster personally.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"