Babies: 6 - 9 Months

"moving baby's bedtime back an hour" - how is this done?

You just put them to bed whether they are tired or not?

Sorry to sound clueless, but I'm totally clueless.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "moving baby's bedtime back an hour" - how is this done?

• I think it's easiest if you make changes to LO's bedtime in 15 minute increments.  Try 15 minutes earlier each night until you get to a comfortable bedtime.  It's easier that way because since LO is only going to bed 15 minutes earlier, there's a greater chance they'll be tired enough to sleep.
  • If I want DS to go to sleep a little later I play him hard and try to get him to take a 20-30 min nap about an hour before bedtime! That almost always works for us! If you are wanting to change his bedtime permanently try to do this for a few nights and it should become routine!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also involve the day's naps. Like, If bedtime was to be 1 hr earlier, all naps would be 1 hr earlier (or perhaps shorter).
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"