January 2011 Moms
Options

fyi...breast pumps

Speaking of breast pumps...I just wanted to let you ladies know that breast pumps are commonly covered by insurance.  When I had DD#1, my lactation consultant recommended that I get one because of latching issues and she had my OB write me a rx for it.  I think I paid a $20 copay and walked away with a $300+ Medela pump (new in box).  So be sure to check your insurance coverages and talk to your OB!  P.S....my insurace company is Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: fyi...breast pumps

• Options
    ohhhh good to know... I have that insurance too but will have to look into it! What a major item to have covered!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, I have the same insurance!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have IBX and was told that they give me $50 toward one.  Better than nothing though :)
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options
    That is some good info to know
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for that info! Did you have to buy it out of pocket, and then send it in for reimbursement?
  • Options
    Great info! I'll be giving my insurance a call!
    Peanut BFP 9.18.2009 EDD 5.23.2010 m/c 10.16.2010
    DD#1 BFP 4.28.2010 EDD 1.10.2011 born 12.27.2010
    DS BFP 8.29.2012 EDD 5.11.2013 born sleeping @ 17 weeks 12.1.2012
    DD#2 BFP 5.7.2013 EDD 1.11.2014 born 1.10.2014
    Jelly Bean BFP 2.25.2015 EDD 11.7.2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    VAL215VAL215 member

imageamuelle:
    Wow, thanks for that info! Did you have to buy it out of pocket, and then send it in for reimbursement?

Nothing OOP except my copay.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Meh.  I had BCBS.  They told me it could only be an electric pump if DD had complications otherwise it had to be a manual pump (BOO).  I could only purchase the pump from specific stores and would only kick in about $50.  

I actually got a better deal at BRU when the Medela PISA went on sale and I used a combination of two coupons.  I got the pump delivered to my house for $150.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    imageVAL215:
    Speaking of breast pumps...I just wanted to let you ladies know that breast pumps are commonly covered by insurance.  When I had DD#1, my lactation consultant recommended that I get one because of latching issues and she had my OB write me a rx for it.  I think I paid a $20 copay and walked away with a $300+ Medela pump (new in box).  So be sure to check your insurance coverages and talk to your OB!  P.S....my insurace company is Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS).
    WOW I never thought they'd pay for something like that!  I have the PPO 5000 plan so they don't pay anything (except a discount for going with their plan provider) until I've met the $5000 deductible but having a baby will certainly do that!  And then they do a copay but still awesome.  Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"