Pregnant after a Loss

Infant girl clothes...clarify something

I went shopping with my mom tonight and realize that I'm a bit clueless about what our baby girl will wear. I have about 12-15 bodysuits - you know, the short sleeve ones that just snap at the crotch, no legs. Then I have 6 long sleeve, long pant/footed ones. I also have about 12 dresses/outfits. All are newborn or 0-3 months.

I thought she'd just be in the short bodysuit onesies and a blanket when at home. My mom said she needs something over the onesies on her legs, even little bloomers, shorts, stretchy pants, etc. Really??? If that's the case, I need to go shopping, but don't even know what to get.

Can't she wear the short bodysuits with nothing else when she's at home? Our house is cool with the A/C but she will be swaddled, too. Is it weird to just wear the short bodysuits?

My Cooking Blog

Avery Corinne - Born 7/9/10 at 37w2d

Re: Infant girl clothes...clarify something

• I don't think it's weird, especially for a summer baby.  Most babies are in onesies almost all of the time.  I bet you have enough in 0-3 month range at this point.  But, if you want to go shopping for more cute girly clothes, well that is a totally different issue Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no idea since this will be my first but, I think a body suit while at home is fine as long as she's in a blanket since you mentioned your home has A/C and she might get cold. I know I do when I have the A/C on. If you're going out I'd say shorts or a dress would be fine, heck even a onesie if it's super hot where you are. Sticky, hot baby with a bunch of clothes on doesn't seem like a happy baby. I'm sure you'll figure it out when she gets here. Maybe just get 1 or 2 shorts/bloomers and see how it goes. Wow that was long, sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks. I thought it would be ok. I do have 2 cute skirts and some bloomer things that came with other outfits that will work with onesies. I don't think I'd take her OUT in just a onesie, but at home it's fine.

Oh, and shopping for little girl clothes is something I always want to do :)

My Cooking Blog

• I think the onesies are fine for around the house.  About the bloomers, I tend to go to a boutique and buy 4 or 5 of their plain white, eyelet bloomers in whatever size DD currently is... I put them under her dresses so her panties (and diapers when she was younger) aren't showing.  It just looks more finished.  You can get little pants at Target in solid colors and soft cotton for $3 a pop when the weather gets a little warmer, which is when you'll want them.  I would get some socks though - their little toes get cold easily and its nice to have them covered.

FWIW, I think you have PLENTY of clothes for the NB and 0-3 range - they grow out of that range very quickly (especially NB) and if you have too much, some of it often goes unused.   

• vflipovflipo member
    My sister brought my nephew out for a photo shoot in the middle of winter with no socks on... But I'm sure that's not a good example Stick out tongue He was just fine, so I'm sure your little girl swaddled with no pants will be just fine :)
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • imagevflipo:
    My sister brought my nephew out for a photo shoot in the middle of winter with no socks on... But I'm sure that's not a good example Stick out tongue He was just fine, so I'm sure your little girl swaddled with no pants will be just fine :)

Oh my god... I have a ton of cute little socks and she will always be in them! I feel so bad when I see bare little baby toes in the supermarket :(

My Cooking Blog

• My little guy was born in July and all he wore around the house and outside were onsies and diaper covers with shirts, and sometimes that was even without a blanket. You'll be fine.

However, I say go shopping anyway for more cute girl clothes, I'm sure you can never have enough lol 

Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"