2nd Trimester
Options

Are you KIDDING?!

I received a referral from a family member about this great doctor. I wasn't thrilled with the first doctor that saw me at 7 weeks, so I decided to book with this one. Well, they couldn't get me in until today, which is a bit past the 12 week mark. No problem right? WRONG! I skip lunch to take off work early to rush to this appointment....husband rushes home early from work. We get there, and they say..."Oh, we don't take this insurance." What the frick?! I almost had a screaming fit. I wait HOW long and fill out loads upon loads of paperwork and surveys online in the meantime, fight with my previous doctor to forward my medical records and THIS is what happens?

Another reason why this was so important was that I was waiting for my 2nd appointment to tell my employer. Well, let's just say my belly ain't getting any smaller...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you KIDDING?!

• Options
    This is why any time I go to a new Dr I ask if they take my insurance before I even schedule an appt.
  • Options

you didn't think to ask if they accepted your insurance when you scheduled the appointment?

maybe I'm strange, but that's one of the first questions I ask any new possible doctor. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't want to sound snarky saying this, but as the patient, it's your responsibility to check with your insurance company about whether the medical provider you are seeing is covered under your benefits. Sorry about the mix-up, I know it can be frustrating. Next time, call your insurance company and double-check everything before your first appointment.

• Options
    imagesmbd:

you didn't think to ask if they accepted your insurance when you scheduled the appointment?

maybe I'm strange, but that's one of the first questions I ask any new possible doctor. 

This exactly

• Options
    imagesmbd:

This.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ZoebotZoebot member
    imagesmbd:

this - or i check with my insurance to see if the dr i want to see is within their network. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am sorry that happened but you really should have asked the office when you called if they take your insurance. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We have state insurance which is virtually taken everywhere. Besides that, I did discuss my insurance coverage with the receptionist even  BEFORE I booked the appointment. They just failed to tell me that there were certain PPO plans that they accept and not accept because the ins. takes too long to pay them.
  • Options
    Rink08Rink08 member
    I'm suprised that they didn't ask which insurance you had when you called to set up your initial appointment. Will you be going back to your first OB or looking for someone else now? Hopefully you can get an appointment soon so that you are able to schedule genetic testing if you wanted it. I know my OB said that it had to be started between 13-16 weeks.
  • Options
    Doesn't your insurance have a website to check for covered doctors? 
  • Options
    That totally stinks that happened to you, but I must agree with everyone else.  You really should have made sure they took your insurance.  Whenever I go to a new Dr. I not only call the office and ask, but I give them the number to have them double check and I always call my health insurance company.  Major error on your part...sorry!
  • Options

imagewife1014:
    That totally stinks that happened to you, but I must agree with everyone else.  You really should have made sure they took your insurance.  Whenever I go to a new Dr. I not only call the office and ask, but I give them the number to have them double check and I always call my health insurance company.  Major error on your part...sorry!

This exactly.  Doesn't your insurance have a website to check for providers that accept your insurance?  I'm sorry, but it is not just the doctor's responsibility to check your insurance for you.

• Options

I disagree. i work in a doctors office and it's the job of our PSR's (patient services representative) to get your insurance information AND VERIFY IT before the patient gets there.

For second measure, it would be a good idea for you to ask, but it's not your responsibility. It's what they've paid people to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"