Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Pony rides for bday party ?

Anyone have a pony at LO's birthday party? I'm trying to think of something extra fun for DD's party. I looked into fun bus but it's way too expensive so I'm thinking maybe pony rides.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated too. TIA

Re: Pony rides for bday party ?

• Options
    This is for your 2 year old? Eh, I think there are probably more age appropriate activities for a 2 year old's party than pony rides unless most of the guests are older. What about just having kids run through the sprinkler? Or decorating their own cupcakes outside? Or a bounce house (even that's a bit on the older side...)? You dont have to spend a lot for kids to have a ton of fun.  And by "fun bus" did you literally mean a bus that drives around like a party bus? For a 2 year old? Hmm
  • Options

Ohhh that sounds like fun but my 2yo would probably not do it.  We go all out for parties.  We just had a bday party for DS 2 and we had a baby pool, water table (borrowed), face painter, balloon artist and moon jump.  The kids had a great time.  Even my baby sat still to get his face painted. 

BTW - I have seen the party bus before and it does look like a lot of fun.  But I would think pony rides would cost more. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm Yeah you're getting one of these from me too. Get a bounce house or rent a character costume.
  • Options

2 is probably too young to appreciate pony rides. Plus, as a horse person I feel awful for those poor ponies! They don't always live the best lives.

And they will walk them in a circle over and over and rip up your lawn!!

I'd say bounce house or something like that!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    by me there is a traveling zoo...it's bucks county zoo...not sure the cost but it's an idea...
    Right Oopherectomy w/tubal ligation 11.15.2007
    BFP #1 03.30.2008, Born 12.08.2008
    TTC #2 Since 11.2010
    DX: IRPCOS with Fair Motility on SA
    Cycle #22 - RE Round #1 - 100MG Clomid - BFN
    Cycle #23 - RE Round #2 - 150MG Clomid/Pregnyl Trig - BFN
    Cycle #24 - RE Round #3 - 150MG Clomid/Ovidrel Trig/IUI/Crinone - BFN
    Cycle #25 - RE Round #4 - 2.5MG Letrozole/Ovidrel Trig/Crinone
  • Options
    ehh, I don't think I'd do pony rides. We have horses & DD is sometimes terrified of them, and she sees them a couple times a week. Ponies can still seem really big, and might be scary for a 2 year old.
  • Options
    I agree that something like a bounce house would be more age appropriate. 
  • Options

imageby your side:
    by me there is a traveling zoo...it's bucks county zoo...not sure the cost but it's an idea...

This makes me incredibly sad. Those poor animals are probably treated like garbage. Nothing like being trotted out to be manhandled by small children, then being shoved back into a tiny cage. What a life. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Well Pony was MIL's idea; I guess I won't do it.  I thought about bounce house but they seem kind of pricey too - $250/hour.

To answer emiliemadison's question, the fun bus is a school bus that has been redone inside to be an obstacle course/tumbling type activity bus that comes to your house, daycare, location wherever it may be, stays parked and the kids play on it for an hour but it's expensive.  The pony actually was cheaper. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"