Breastfeeding

Not pumping enough at work

I started back at work on Monday and I'm just not pumping enough.  I don't think it's a supply issue because I've had plenty of milk common for second baby.  I tried drinking a lot of water and looking at a pic of DD while I pumped.  I pump 3x a day for about 25 mins each to replace the 3 missed feedings.  She's 3mo and takes 4-oz bottles and each day I have come a few ounces shy of the 12 oz I need for the next day's bottles.  Any suggestions/advice/ideas would be so helpful!

Re: Not pumping enough at work

• I did the massage-stroke-shake and that seemed to helped a little, but the only way I had enough milk to send was an extra pumping session before bed and pumping on the weekend.

Have you tried oatmeal or other galactagogues (fenugreek, blessed thistle)? 

Good luck! 

• It's totally normal to need more than one pumping session to make a bottle. I had to pump before bed and weekends to make it up. Do you have time to squeeze in another pumping session on your drive to work?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you pump in the morning before work? I nurse DD on one side and pump the other.... That helps me... I've also heard (but never have myself) to only send exactly what u pump the day b4... I think the theory behind it is if LO doesn't get enough at daycare then they will nurse more at night which will help boost your supply...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"