December 2010 Moms

NBR: Spending my credit card points

So I've got quite the stack of points through my credit card...  And I'm itching to spend them.  But, as I'm the most indecisive person in the world, I'd love your input.

Should I...

A)  Apply my points toward the balance of my card (that's being very responsible as a mom-to-be...): slightly more than $50 toward my card

B)  Get a gift card from someplace (I'm thinking Macy's or Amazon.com to buy some new work clothes when school starts up in August): I can get about $120 worth in gift cards

Sigh...  Should I be responsible or get my shop on, ladies?!?!

Re: NBR: Spending my credit card points

• Oh man. I totally vote gift card. You've got to buy some outfits for LO or something nice for mama to be! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depends. I had points built up and I was trying to pay off my credit card. It made more sense for me to use my points as credit toward the card than to get a gift card somewhere.

If you have no problem with paying off the CC then I say splurge and gift the Gift Card. 

• Loading the player...
  • GIIIIIFT CAAAARDD!!!! 

Unless you really need the $50 toward your balance....

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • It depends. Do you pay your balance in full every month? If so, treat yourself! If you carry a balance, then definitely apply the money to the card. It's amazing how much interest you pay for a little bit of money.
  • GIFT CARDS!!!!!!  Thats all I ever use my points for and DH and I use it for movie theaters or resturaunts and use it for our date nights.
  • Definitely shop.  That's what I do with my rewards!
  • I say shop. If it were me I would figure that I would end up needing to buy new clothes for my growing body anyways! This way you don't have to take money out of your own pocket later!
  • I vote gift cards! They add up to more than it would to put towards your balance.

I'm SO glad you brought this up because I never redeem my points and I just did! I got gift cards to BRU and Target!!! Woo-hoo!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"