Parenting

Help for a yeast rash

I'm thinking that I should probably call the doctor at this point but wanted some opinions. DS has had a yeast rash for about a week or so now. I have been using Lotrimin on it twice a day per the pedi's instructions, letting him have naked time, changing his diaper super frequently and nada. It will look like it is starting to go away and then flare up again a day or so later. Any other ideas for me to try? If I do call the pedi, do they generally want to see them or will they just call in a script? Thanks for any advice.
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: Help for a yeast rash

• We have always used Vusion ointment for yeast rashes. I tried using Lotrimin once and it just irritated his skin without helping the rash. Vusion is a mixture of a yeast cream, titanium dioxide and petroleum so it treats the rash and the irritation at the same time. It can be really expensive, though, if your insurance doesn't cover it. With our insurance, it was $40 for the tube. I think REOM paid A LOT more, if I remember correctly. It's amazingly effective, though. Once you use it, the price is worth it. See if they have any samples first, though. Our doctor always gives us the samples if they have them. GL! Yeast rashes are the worst!
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Vusion does work well, but it's crazy how much it costs. I paid $120 for the tube
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"