Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Can you make sweet potato fries on the grill?

I have a bag of frozen sweet potato fries (no flavorings or anything, just chopped up sweet potatoes because I'm too scared to cut them up myself) and I'm wondering if I can grill them? I usually just bake them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Nothing fancy. Would a grill pan work? Anyone tried this?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can you make sweet potato fries on the grill?

• Options
    I've never tried it that way. I always do the olive oil and seasonings in the oven. Did you buy them precut? I hate cutting them too!
  • Options

They're from Costco. Just a big bag of frozen sweet potatoes cut into fry shapes. Nothing extra.

I really don't like cutting them at all, so they're perfect. Cheap, too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I might have to investigate that ! Thanks
  • Options

You can make ANYTHING on the grill!   How thick are they sliced?  If they are thick enough you can just brush some oil in them and out them right on the grill, cover and wait.  They will stick until they are ready to flip.  Once they are nice and crispy they shouldn't stick at all.

(I watch A LOT of Bobby Flay. lol)

• Options
    imagebrittneycc1982:

You can make ANYTHING on the grill!   How thick are they sliced?  If they are thick enough you can just brush some oil in them and out them right on the grill, cover and wait.  They will stick until they are ready to flip.  Once they are nice and crispy they shouldn't stick at all.

(I watch A LOT of Bobby Flay. lol)

They're maybe 1/2" thick - they'd definitely fall through the grates. I think I'll try the grill pan amd just oil them up nicely first. Thank you! I miss Food Network - my stupid self-imposed "no TV during the day" rule!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"