High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pregnancy after a fibroid removal

Hi! This is my first week on the board & I was wondering if any of you have had a fibroid tumor surgically removed from your uterus and got pregnant afterwards. I had my tumor removed in November 09 and am currently 7 weeks pregnant. I have my first OB appointment next week and would like to know about your experiences with this. I was informed prior to my surgery that if I were to get pregnant, it would be considered high risk and that I would have to have a c-section due to the trauma to my uterus. Have any of you gone through this? How was your pregnancy? What restrictions were placed on you during pregnancy? Any and all info you would be willing to share with me would be greatly appreciated!Thanks again ladies! 

Re: Pregnancy after a fibroid removal

• Options

Hi,

I had an abdominal myomectomy about a year ago do to a large cluster of fibroids.  I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and I wasn't really given too many restrictions at all.  I was just told to wait 6 months before getting pregnant and that I would have to have a c-section due to risk of uterine rupture.   I have had a normal pregnancy and really no restrictions other than what I stated above.  I was told that it may be difficult to get pregnant due to scar tissue, but that was not an issue for us.  That is my experience so far, but I still have 2 months to go!

Allison

• Options
    MonaLSMonaLS member

I think this is the same post as the first tri board..but in case it's not...I had an abdominal myomectomy in May 2009.  Pretty extensive surgery per my RE (basically an uncountable number of fibroids).  I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and have been released to my regular OB.  My RE said I did not need high risk care, though I would require a c-section.

Hope that helps!  I love reading success stories after myomectomy. I was certainliy worried. I had both a myomectomy (5/09) and an operative hysteroscopy last year (12/09).

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey! I had a myomectomy in 2005, and I am 20 wks pregnant.  So far, everything has been good.  Yes, the doctor told me that I am going to have to have a c-section, and I am fine with that. 

Good luck!!

• Options

I had three fibroids, some polyps and endometriosis removed prior to getting pregnant. This was all causing me infertility and the doc let me try to get pregnany within 6 weeks of the surgery and said that the chances of getting pregnant were higher for me within the few months after the surgery (probably more because of the endometriosis removal than the fibroids).

I am now 33 weeks pregnant with twins and am not considered high risk due to the fibroids. My MFM consulted with my doc that performed the surgery and there weren't any reasons to have a c-section based on where the fibroids were and how they were removed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a myomectomy in 2008 to remove some fibroids and endo.  I got pregnant 3 months after but that ended with a m/c and I got pg again 4 months after that.  I was not considered a high risk pregnancy was told I could deliver vaginally if I wanted to try.  My OBs were treating me as a VBAC patient.  As it turned out I ended up with a c/s (it had nothing to do with my myomectomy) after pushing for hours and after the forceps failed to move my dd.  I don't plan on attempting another VBAC with this pregnancy and instead will have a scheduled c/s.

Clomid M/C 8 weeks 2/08 *IVF #1-DD born 3/09
    *Surprise BFP-T18 baby lost at 13w 1/10 *FET #1-DS born 2/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had an open myomectomy in the Fall of '08 and, after an ectopic last year, I'm now 18 weeks pregnant.  As with the others, the only difference is that I will need to have a c-section. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"