Babies: 9 - 12 Months

if she's tired...why doesn't she sleep??

seems like such an easy concept for adults....but man do babies make it difficult!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if she's tired...why doesn't she sleep??

• We have about a 15-20 minute window of opportunity between her first sleepy cue and when there is no way in hell we can get her to sleep. We have to act on those eye rubs and outer-space-stares otherwise she gets too sleepy and fights it. 

Is your LO overtired? 

• When babies and children get overtired, they start producing a hormone that makes it really hard for them to wind down and fall asleep. That's why it's important to keep them on a predictable sleep schedule and pay attention to their sleep cues. It makes it so much harder for everyone, baby AND parents to deal with an overtired and cranky baby.
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Agreed with PP.

Guideline for Awake time for babies (between naps)
    Newborn 50-60 mins
    1 month 60 mins-hour and 15
    2 months 1 hour and 15 - 20 mins
    3 months 1 hour and 20 - 30 mins
    4 months 1 hour and 45 - 2 hours
    5 months 2 hours - 2.25 hours
    Late 5 months/early 6 months 2.25-2.5 hours
    6.5 - 7 months 2.75-3 hours. Some are getting more.
    8 - 10 months 3 - 4 hours. Some are getting more.
    11 - 12 months 3.5 -4.5 hours. Some are getting more if moved early to 1 nap 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • This actually isn't true for all babies. I struggled so much with DD in the earlier months b/c I was following what all the books said about schedules and awake time. It wasn't until I stopped paying attention to those that she actually started sleeping. I had to wait longer than all the books recommended, and then she would fall asleep with no problem.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"