Austin Babies

am I the only one who is GLAD my boys are growing up?

I see so many posts where people are so sad that their kid doesn't do ___ or ____, how big they are getting and how sad they can't do ____. 

I am psyched my boys are big now and I don't have to:

lug their car seats anywhere

put bibs on them all the time

change poopy diapers all. day. long

carry them from here to there

worry about how much tummy time they're getting

oh so many things I'm so happy about never having to go through again!

:)

I like having big boys now!

Re: am I the only one who is GLAD my boys are growing up?

• After reading the title of your post, I thought SURELY this post was about you, the kid-hater, eagerly counting down the days until your home was child-free again. Wink
    Mom to an almost 4 y/o and an almost 2 y/o. In process of growing our family through adoption.
  • I'm not that good at math. 

:)

• Loading the player...
  • I love that Caroline is growing up..but not the temper tantrums that come along with it!
  • I definitely don't miss the newborn days, but I do miss the more immobile days...the days where I would plop my child down and know that he wasn't going to move from that spot to wreak havoc on the house.  I knew it would be inevitable with a boy, but I'm just not ready for it to start now.  I'm still in denial.
  • imagehellohappyJ:
    I definitely don't miss the newborn days, but I do miss the more immobile days...the days where I would plop my child down and know that he wasn't going to move from that spot to wreak havoc on the house.  I knew it would be inevitable with a boy, but I'm just not ready for it to start now.  I'm still in denial.

It's not much different with a girl..and I totally miss the immobile days!!
  • My Mom still tells the story of the day that all 3 of us got in the car and buckled our own seatbelts. She was so happy, she cried.
  • Don't get me wrong, I love all the new things Luke does now that he's getting bigger.  But it still makes me sad to think that my snuggly newborn days are long gone.  And it reminds me that before I know it I'll be AWing senior pics like BttrcupBride.  THAT makes me want to CryingCryingCrying
  • I'm good with my baby days slowly becoming "over". We're done having kids and I'm done waking up ALL FREAKING NIGHT. Too bad Emily isn't done waking up.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It's a bittersweet feeling for me. I'm not sad he's growing up at all. I'm just sad that it's all going by so quickly. I feel like each day is about half as long as it needs to be. I just want to stretch out this time while he's little and still sees me as a rock star. I know all too soon he'll be grown and gone and I'll just have pictures to remember this stuff by. And THAT is what makes me sad.
  • I felt that way when DD was little.  I kind-of feel that way with DS.  But now that DD is almost 3, I'm starting to wonder where the time is going. 

I do NOT enjoy babyhood.  But I don't want them to grow up too fast either.  I love toddlerhood!  And every time my DS gives me his little baby grin, I start to think about how one of these days that won't be a baby grin anymore and I won't have any more baby grins to enjoy (well...that are MY babies that is). 

• I'm right there with you.  I don't get sad thinking about my kids growing up.  I don't miss baby days.  I don't think its going by too fast, and I don't constantly remind myself to savor every moment. 

I love my kids.  I think I'll love them even more when they are in their 20s and on their own :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2H2L2H2L member

Maybe you've forgotten what those first gummy smiles look like? :)

I love that Ocho is growing up and becoming more independent.  It is so much fun to watch.  She is enjoying more of the things we like to do and likes to get out and see more things...but, the newborn stuff is pretty cool, too.  I do have days when I tear up, thinking I won't see someone discover their hand for the first time, or smile, or coo, or whatever for the first time ever again (since we're done with two).  I look forward to travel being easier with them both, but I don't want to rush through this newborn phase at all.

I won't miss late night feedings, but I will 100% miss Nove's squishy little, gummy smile.  I can barely remember Ocho's as it is now.  I know someday it will become too fuzzy, and that does make me sad. I want to remember those things forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"