December 2010 Moms

Slow cooker - best friend or worst enemy!?

So I have a big dinner planned for the parents and IL's tonight.  We will be discussing sitting issues once the baby is born to help us reduce cost of day care options - or eliminate it all together.

So I decided to make an italian style pot roast in my slow cooker.  I've made it before and it comes out AMAZING!  And of course I love how easy it is to use my slow cooker.  But the reason it may currently be my worst enemy is that I have been starving ALL DAY b/c I just smell the amazing aroma of dinner cooking for the past 8 hours lol  It's caused me to be constantly grazing at food, and at points I just stood over the cooker and smelled it all in.  It's so sad - but this pregnant woman just CAN'T WAIT to eat and I have a bout 2 more hours to endure of this!!! lol

Re: Slow cooker - best friend or worst enemy!?

• Mmmm! The dinner sounds yummy. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Recipe please?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BFP #1 ~ 1/26/2010 ~ MMC @ 6w6d discovered @ 11w3d ~ D&C 3/16/10
    BFP #2 ~ 4/22/2010 ~ EDD 12/29/2010 ~ Born 12/19/2010 ~ My Rainbow Baby
    BFP #3 ~ 6/10/2012 ~ EDD 2/20/2013 ~ HB 100bpm @ 9w3d ~ M/C 7/11/2012
    BFP #4 ~ 3/16/2013 ~ EDD 11/20/2013 ~ Born 11/17/2013 ~ Rainbow Baby #2
  • Loading the player...
  • Dana86Dana86 member
    I think its hit and miss lol Usually if I make something in the crock pot I try and stay as far away from it until its around dinner time just so I dont pick at whatever is in it and eat enough of it that Im not hungry when dinner rolls around
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • imagemissesru:
    Recipe please?

It's sooo easy.

You take some minced garlic, basil, oregeno, salt and red pepper flakes to make a rub to rub down the roast with.  You layer the bottom of your slow cooker with white onion strips, place the rubbed up roast on top, layer some more onions on top of that, and then cover with some red sauce (I use the Robust! Ragu) cook on Low for 8-9 hours.  You can also place cantallini (sp?) beans in the sauce and cook for 10 minutes after removing roast and serve on the side - but I don't like beans so I skip that step unless DH begs for it.

• My Crock Pot is definitely my BFF! When I work 12 hr days it is my savior!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAndysGrl08:
    My Crock Pot is definitely my BFF! When I work 12 hr days it is my savior!

LOL, I was just going to say the same thing: my crock pot is my best friend.  I can imagine our relationship will only deepen once LO arrives, haha.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • haha I have actually plugged it in outside or in the garage (depending on the weather before so that I didn't have to smell it all day Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"