February 2011 Moms

Please tell me I'm not alone...

My first ultrasound is tomorrow. I am scared and nervous and anxious and excited all wrapped up in one. My body feels like its humming, its so wound up. I feel like I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop - like this is too good to be true. Does anyone else feel like this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please tell me I'm not alone...

• All the time.  I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.  Worrying doesn't help anything anyway.  I'm trying to stay positive and be healthy and keep busy.  For me it helps that we're not telling anyone.  I think talking about it with people IRL makes it.... heavier..... or something.  DH and I really only talk about the dr.'s appts right now.  I think we're both really afraid of the other shoe dropping as well.  I'm just trying to live life as normally as I can.  I don't know if this helps at all, but no, you're definitely not alone.

BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
  • imageMrsH42608:

All the time.  I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry.  Worrying doesn't help anything anyway.  I'm trying to stay positive and be healthy and keep busy.  For me it helps that we're not telling anyone.  I think talking about it with people IRL makes it.... heavier..... or something.  DH and I really only talk about the dr.'s appts right now.  I think we're both really afraid of the other shoe dropping as well.  I'm just trying to live life as normally as I can.  I don't know if this helps at all, but no, you're definitely not alone.

It helps to just to know I'm not alone :) Thank you for that.

• Loading the player...
  • Neither DH nor I slept the night before my first appt. and u/s. It is so nerve-wracking... but know that you absolutely deserve this miracle and stay positive! :)
  • YES! I feel the same way! I had my u/s last Friday and I felt the same way the night before. Now after seeing the LO in there with a hb I keep thinking ok, now I don't feel pregnant did it die? Was today the day? It's horrible to think that way but I can't help it. Sad I'm trying to stay positive, but sometimes those thoughts creep in. I'm not 100% comfortable with this pregnancy yet and probably won't be until delivery. 
  • I was the same exact way and had such mixed emotions. I am still nervouse for my reg apts. Stay positive, I am sure everything will be just fine!
  • I've been going through this a lot the last couple of days.  I am very anxious that everything is too good to be true and something will happen to the baby.  I try to talk about this to my DH but he doesn't get it, just tells me i'm too pessimistic.  I emailed my mom today so hopefully she has some reassuring words.*hugs* to everyone.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my first u/s this past Monday and I was extremely scared and anxious about it... especially since we did IVF. Everything turned out fine at the u/s (see siggy). But now I have to wait 8 more days till my next one. I can feel being anxious about it already since I am high risk. Wish I could have another u/s early next week- instead of towards the end of the week.

You are feeling completely normal :)

• Nervous? 

Huh?IndifferentCryingEmbarrassedStick out tongueHuh?

Who's nervous?

Me. I found out yesterday that my appt in a week will definitely have an u/s, so I was freaked all day. And today.

I'm just worried that this has all been a dream and that I am not pregnant... the baby has stopped growing or has something wrong with it.

I want to be excited about it, but the scary stuff is really putting a damper on it.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Lily, good luck!  Mine is tomorrow morning too.  I'm terrified.  I've got everything crossed for you.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • We had our first u/s the same day as our first appt because the doctor wanted a better guess on weeks along. So that didn't give us much time to freak about it, although I'm always anxious about any doctor's appointment.

Our next one is on Friday. I am really really hoping everything goes well - this one, I am anxious about. Have been for 2 weeks.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Every single day. I felt like that before my ultrasound also (which was Monday), I got really good news, had a baby and a strong heartbeat, and I'm STILL worried.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"