Working Moms

I need some encouragement please!

I've been home since my DS was born in February.  I go back to work in August and when I think about it I get a HUGE knot in my stomach.  I always planned to be a working mom but now that it's getting closer and closer I'm freaking out about leaving my baby.  He is such a good easy-going baby.  I just want to spend every second with him. Plus I've been able to do things (take online class) and clean things that have never been done before, haha.

I keep telling myself that going back to work will let me afford vacations and things that I want (like hardwood floors or moving) but I can't get rid of that knot in my stomach.

Sometimes I get on here so I can get a working mom pick-me-up.  I need one right now ladies.  Help me out.  Tell me my baby and my family will benefit from me working.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: I need some encouragement please!

• I felt the same when I was about to go back to work and it turned out to be great. My little girl LOVES school (daycare), I enjoy being not just mommy and spending time with adults, and of course we have more money to do fun stuff when we are together. It took a little while to get used to, but it really was the best thing for us. Good Luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • First of all, once your baby gets a little older, all of this cleaning, taking online classes, going to the bathroom by yourself,  accomplishing anything, really, goes out the window.

For me, I went back to work with DS when he was 11 months.  I was DYING to get back to work where I could sit at a desk and drink a coffee without someone trying to grab it, or pee in a stall and close the door and no one would follow me in and try to take all of my toilet paper, etc.

Yes, a four-month-old baby is a really good age for wanting to just hang, and they still will be when you go back to work, but by 9 months or so you'll be really glad you did. Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry!  I mean to say "hang in there!"  I'm back at work and trying to stay strong.  It's a challenge but everyone assures me it gets easier!
  • Check out this thread from last week, it was a good one. :-) Hang in there, it gets easier.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/38715504.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"