New Orleans Babies
Options

DH and I will be in your fair city for the 1st time...

August 5-11th, anniversary/business trip.  What do you suggest we do/see?  What would you consider "can't miss" things?  Thanks!!!!  I'm super excited!  Also, has anyone ever done the Satchmo Festival?  I know it is going on while we will be there....what should we check out or should we avoid it?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH and I will be in your fair city for the 1st time...

• Options

it will be HOT.  bring extra clothes and deodorant!  Can't miss eating beignets at Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter.

I'm never really good with recommending things to do but never pass up a chance to recommend beignets (pronounced ben-yays). 

• Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    If you want good inside activities, you can check out Mardi Gras world or the Audubon Aquarium. Also, you could ride the street car to City Park and visit the NO Musuem of Art.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLSU628:
    If you want good inside activities, you can check out Mardi Gras world or the Audubon Aquarium. Also, you could ride the street car to City Park and visit the NO Musuem of Art.
    street car is always fun, you get to see the "garden district" and all the beautiful homes

I was going to suggest the Aquarium but didn't.  Mardi Gras World is nice also.  I've been to field trips there.  Kind of pricey but gives you an idea of how enormous of a job it is to outfit Mardi Gras parades. 

• Options
    Make sure you get a snoball! Yum!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LTF525LTF525 member
    Check out THIS for some dinning suggestions.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

I did Satchmo Fest Last year w/ 2month old, it was hot but it was a blast.  Lots of great New Orleans' restaurants have food booths and the music was terrific.  Across the street from the fest is the Italian Barrel, one of my most favorite Italian Restaurants in NOLA.

If you are really going ALL OUT for your anniversary, the nicest and best ($$$$) restaurant in the city is stella! It is amazing.  If you are not into the fine dining they have another restaurant, Stanley, next to jackson square that has great breakfasts and lunches (sliders, shakes, hashbrowns etc...)

Have a snowball, see mardi gras world, go to the zoo or aquarium, walk audubon park, stroll Magazine Street, walk the french quarter, take a city tour, eat out uptown or on magazine street, have BBQ Shrimp, eat a beignet, Relax and have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"