Parenting after a Loss

So, took DD swimming for 1st time: FAIL & PIPs...

I was super excited to take DD "swimming" for the first time yesterday! Well, at least getting her in the water for the first time. Here she is ready to go in her cute little suit while we were still at home:

Haha, so we know that sunscreen isn't allowed until 6 months so I had her bathing suit on, a rash guard spf long sleeve shirt, pants, and a sun hat on DD (practically dressed for winter!) in addition to putting her in a little float that had a sun shade.  Got her in there in the pool. She was okay for about 5 mins and then....

"MOOOOMMMM!!!! GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!" 

Awww, I felt bad. Guess she didn't like all of that stuff on. As soon as I took everything off she calmed down and was okay. Guess we'll tray again on another day!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So, took DD swimming for 1st time: FAIL & PIPs...

• jmac22jmac22 member
    Too cute!  I love the expression on her face!
  • OMG!!! Too too cute--- mad and all! SHe actually looks a bit like she is maxin and relaxin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunblock is fine (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) and much better than a sunburn.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • awww!! she'll learn to love it. we took kate in for the first time when she was 5 or 6 months and she loved it! she is our little fishy!
  • so cute! I hope she cooperates a little better next time : )
    Missed MC 1 - 11/21/2006 Missed MC 2 - 03/10/2008 BFP # 3 09/18/09 - Gabriel David born 05/11/2010 baby
  • imagelkstor:
    Sunblock is fine (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) and much better than a sunburn.

This. Our pedi told us that it just says over six months because it can't be certified by the FDA under that. She said it was just fine. And we use Neutragena Baby SunBLOCK - it's the sunSCREEN that's chemicals and should be avoided for little ones.

BFP #1: 7-26-08, natural m/c 6w4d; BFP #2: 12-6-08, natural m/c 6w5d
    BFP #3: 2-26-09; DD born 10/30/09; 7lb3oz, 20.5in!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BFP= #4: 9-8-13, hcg @ 14dpo: 507, 17dpo: 1731, doubling: 39 hours
    Found a strong hb @ 5w6d; Measuring 4 days ahead, hb of 168 @ 8w4d!
    So excited for Baby Sister! EDD: 5/24/14
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've seen that expression on G before!!!
  • imageamlea81:

imagelkstor:
    Sunblock is fine (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide) and much better than a sunburn.

This. Our pedi told us that it just says over six months because it can't be certified by the FDA under that. She said it was just fine. And we use Neutragena Baby SunBLOCK - it's the sunSCREEN that's chemicals and should be avoided for little ones.

this. I asked the pedi about it and she said block yes, screen, no and of course to keep her in the shade when practical. We bought california baby sunblock. Blue Lizzard and Neutrogena were also on her recommend list.

Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"