Stay at Home Moms

activites

I just started staying home with my 10 month old. I really need some ideas of activities to do with her. I dont like just turning on the TV and letting her watch and play with toys. It is really hot where we live so outdoor time is limited. Plus she isn't walking yet so that makes it hard. Any suggestions??

Re: activites

• To get out of the house, there's the rec center, library, indoor playgrounds, etc. You should be able to locate some indoor kid-friendly activities in your area with a quick google search.

If you are looking for things to do at home, I remember my daughter started loving crafts at that age. Coloring books, a few crayons, play-doh, blocks, etc would keep her busy for a long time. Having her "help" you clean the house/make dinner/water plants/etc...even a crawler can do this. Liv was never happier than when I gave her a rag while I was cleaning, she would scootch around and wipe everything off while I did other cleaning. Playing with toys, listening to music, dancing, singing, and reading books will also help the day go by.

Even though it's hot, I would try to get outside at least for a little while every day. We set up a plastic pool in the backyard and Liv plays in there at least once a day for a little bit, she also has some digging toys and plays in the sandbox. This usually happens in the mornings when it's not as hot and her allergies don't bother her as badly.

Don't worry too much about it. Just being with you is probably enough for her! GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

• An early morning walk in the stroller is nice. If there is a pool near you, that's a great way to kill an hour. If you have a shady spot outside, going out for 30 minutes is a nice way to get a change of scenery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"