February 2011 Moms

f/u "trying not to freak"

SO I went to my appointment and after making me wait an hour we went in.

We saw a heartbeat at 183bpm which is great but she said I am measuring more like 6 weeks than 7 weeks.  I told her that was impossible since i charted and know when I ovulated (my chart is text book BFP chart). She was like 'whatever".

So i went and spoke with the Dr. and he said that I am measureing 6 weeks and when I told him that I know when I ovulated and told him he seems a bit concerned. So he is doing blood work to check out my progesterone and I will keep my appointment for next week to make sure everything grows as he says "a week we grow a weeks worth of growth". 

I am trying to stay postive but last time I measured small also (although at 8 weeks last time they said I was only 4 weeks).  I am hoping I implanted super late (again doubt it) and that LO catches up.  Thanks for the advise this morning.  I really eased my mind to go to the Dr. today. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: f/u "trying not to freak"

• I think even though u/s is very accurate for dating is is +/- 3 days.. so you could implant a bit late, combined with a measurement error and come up a week short.  But I know the uncertainty sucks.  I've been there. I'll be thinking of you.
  • (((hugs))) I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything is well and that dates are just off.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecelestej619:
    (((hugs))) I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything is well and that dates are just off.

This exactly. Huge hugs to you.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Blighted Ovum 7/2008 (D&C)
    Ectopic 7/2009 (Emergency surgery:removal of left tube)
    Blighted Ovum 1/2010 (Natural m/c)
    DS #1: 2/7/11
    Ectopic 2/2012
    BFP: 12/24/2013
  • imageEmselu:
    I think even though u/s is very accurate for dating is is +/- 3 days.. so you could implant a bit late, combined with a measurement error and come up a week short.  But I know the uncertainty sucks.  I've been there. I'll be thinking of you.

This.  I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aside from your dating....That's an amazingly strong hb! So definitely stay positive and I'm sure LO will catch up!
  • I've seen so many people measure a week off at their first u/s and still be totally fine.  Hell, Shall on PgAL couldn't even see a baby on the u/s until 8w.  So, I have lots of faith that everything's going to be okay but I know how scared you must be.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • elisbuelisbu member

I am freaking out over the same thing!! They think I am 4 or 5 weeks, when I should be 6 weeks today. They seemed to dismiss the fact that I was charting and know when I o'd.

The more I read online, the more common this seems. I hope for both our sakes that this is true and out LO's just need a little more baking time than others!!

• ((Hugs)) and I am sending T & P your way. I hope you were just a day or two late on implantation.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• When I was a little over 6 weeks with my son, they said he was measuring more like 5 weeks.  By the time of my 20 week u/s they thought I had miscalculated by a week in the OTHER direction.

U/s's aren't an exact science, and babies grow at different rates.  I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"