Northern California Babies

update on me.

*sigh*

after 5 days of craziness I have decided to stop the Zoloft. The act of taking the meds was making me crazy. Anxious. Aggitated. The meds made me feel like I was in a fog, I lost my apettite and was having trouble sleeping.

I realize and recognize that I hadn't tried very hard at natural methods of feeling better. I wasnt exercising. Haven't been eating well.

Did I feel like I was falling apart the day that Ben left? YES, but the next day I felt better. In the moment of my sadness, I am getting better at remembering that I will be happy again.

I see my counsilor tomorrow and am going to talk to her about seeing her once a week, rather than once a month. Especially while DH is gone. I also think that the anticipation of DH leaving is much worse than the actually of it.

when my mom went through her major depressive episode when i was 9 years old, she wasn't even able to get out of bed to take care of us. There is a big part of me that fears ending up like that, but the rational side of me recognizes that I AM getting up everyday and taking care of my kids. I don't want to take medication because I FEAR ending up like that.

I know I've posted about PPD a lot lately. I feel like a broken record and I'm sure everyone is sick of reading my ups and downs. But I want to thank everyone for the support and advice. I hope you all know how very much it means to me.
Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
The Blog | BirthbyKellyM

Re: update on me.

• First of all, I am not sick of hear about you as I am thinking of you :-)

You have to listen to your body and if the Zoloft does not work, it does not work.

I am glad to hear you are seeing a counselor and I hope she (or he) will help you out.

Hugs to you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hugs! I think everyone is different and we all bring different thoughts into things we go through, so given your past experience meds seem to make you think of the worst case scenerio which isn't going to help get out of this. I think your making the right choice for you, and I hope the corner turns soon. You know I will be there for you during and after no matter what you need. <3 you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sick of reading about your ups & downs. I think so many more women deal with PPD than will ever admit to it.

I'm glad you listened to your body about the meds. Sometimes making less invasive changes (diet, exercise, etc) are so much more beneficial to depression than meds. You will not end up like your mom. You have seen depression at it's worst and you know what signs to watch out for. I think that you are so strong for doing something about your symptoms rather than letting them take over.

((((hugs)))) you are going to be just fine. :-)

• Huge hugs Kelly.  I've been thinking a lot about you and really hope you're able to get to your happy place.  You're a wonderful mama and the kids know it!
  • Hugs its so hard. All I know is that if you keep working for it and looking ofr it you will find a solution that works for you
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Big hugs, you've been on my mind a lot.  I hope you're feeling better very soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think it is truely amazing and brave that you are willing to recognize & talk about your issues. I hope that over the next months you are able to find the balance you need and get through this.
  • Hugs Kelly!  We are here for you!
  • I admire the hell out of you for sharing this journey with us.  I think if a lot more women were open and honest about how hard it is to be a parent, and about ppd, all moms would be a lot healthier and a lot more prepared for the bumpy road. 

I applaud you for doing what you need to do to take care of yourself AND your family.  And I will never be sick of hearing about it.

• imageI<3MYHUSBAND:
    Hugs! I think everyone is different and we all bring different thoughts into things we go through, so given your past experience meds seem to make you think of the worst case scenerio which isn't going to help get out of this. I think your making the right choice for you, and I hope the corner turns soon. You know I will be there for you during and after no matter what you need. <3 you!

Ditto this. You are a great mom and knowing that you must take care of yourself to be the best you can be for your kids is an amazing thing. Hang in there and like everyone else said, we're all here for you for whatever support you need!! Hugs!  

• Glad you're feeling better and have a plan.
  • (((HUGS))).  You are truly amazing.  I really admire you for being so open and honest.  I am sure you have impacted others by being so open about your journey w/ PPD.  I am glad you will seek more help from your counselor as well.  We are here for you too.  <3
  • I am glad you went off the Zoloft. you seem extremely sensitive to Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitors and probably should not take one again. If you ever do need medication, there are other options. I hope that you feel better and I think it's a great idea to see the counselor weekly. I had therapy for years and it helps so much. 

You are doing great, you are so strong. I admire you greatly.  

• Please dont ever think we are tired of hearing from you. That could never be the case. You need to do what you and your dr feel is best for you. Take it one day at a time. I think you are an amazing mom. Your Son is a shining example about how awesome you are. I am sure your daughter will be the same. I am allways here if you need me, even for comedy relief, i will shake my fancy busoms just to make ya smile!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"